New Job Bus Operator In Manitoba
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Under the general supervision of an Operations Supervisor, the Bus Operator is responsible for ensuring that safe, courteous and on-time Transit service is provided to passengers. This includes: adherence to all applicable laws and Winnipeg Transit policy; interacting in a friendly and helpful manner with passengers and the public; adhering to assigned routes and schedule; managing and diffusing instances of conflict; monitoring fare payment; adherence to assault avoidance techniques; and maintaining a valid driver’s license.
The position is also attentive to any concerns that may affect community safety.
For more detailed information about the position of a Bus Operator, including the shifts and schedules please copy and paste the following link into your internet browser: https://winnipegtransit.com/en/careers/bus-operator/
As the Bus Operator you will:
- Operate Transit Buses in a safe manner
- Provides, courteous, professional transit service to the citizens of Winnipeg, in keeping with Transit and City policy and is responsible for the on-board safety of passengers
- Inform passengers of the fare when applicable and monitoring fare payment.
- Report and correspond with supervisory personnel, as required as per Transit policy.
- Participate in professional training and development
Your education and qualifications include:
- Grade 10 or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ driving experience satisfactory to the employer.
- Customer service experience including in-person contact with the public.
- Experience with conflict management in a work setting.
- Driving experience in adverse weather conditions (Ex. snow and ice) is an asset.
- Knowledge of City of Winnipeg landmarks, streets and bus route knowledge.
- Strong map reading skills.
- Written communication skills including ability to understand and follow Transit policies and procedures.
- Ability to operate vehicles safely, while driving defensively within standard safety guidelines, regulations, and requirements of the Manitoba Highway Traffic Act.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to make quick decisions and exercise sound judgement in a variety of traffic-related and emergency situations.
- Ability to work independently.
Conditions of employment:
- The successful applicant must possess and maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada.
- A Police Information Check including vulnerable sector check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the applicant(s) or successful candidate(s), at their expense when requested.
- Must hold and maintain a full, valid Manitoba Class 5 (5F) driver’s license with a minimum Driver’s Safety Rating of -4 or higher.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Class 2 driver’s license with Airbrake Endorsement Beginners (2A/I).
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position, including, but not limited to: sitting for extended periods of time, reaching, twisting at the waist and neck, grip and leg strength.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings, weekends, holidays, and split shifts.
CORE COMPETENCIES for ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriente