New Job Associate, Roynat Capital (Montreal/South Shore, Qc) In Quebec
|Associate, Roynat Capital (Montreal/South Shore, Qc)|
Associate, Roynat Capital (Montreal/South Shore, Qc)
Company : Scotiabank
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
Requisition ID: 174749
Roynat Capital, a wholly owned subsidiary of Scotiabank, is a national lender and investor with expertise in providing innovative long-term capital solutions for mid-sized companies utilizing senior term, subordinated debt, as well as mezzanine capital and common share equity. We provide tailored solutions to clients for acquisitions, business expansions, wealth monetization, and working capital enhancement. With a national presence in Canada in major markets, Roynat assists growth-oriented companies in reaching their goals across a wide range of industries.
The successful candidate will build on their own experience and contacts in the area by using a thorough and structured calling program to develop prospects and Centers of Influence (Scotiabank, Accountants and Commercial Realty Broker contacts).
Is this role right for you?
- In this role you will manage an assigned loan portfolio within the South Shore area.
- Ultimate goal is to provide tailored credit solutions for business expansion, shareholder transactions, management buyouts and wealth monetization to a wide range of industries.
- The ideal candidate would be commercial credit professionals holding such titles as a Credit Analyst, Senior Credit Analyst, Account Manager or Senior Account Manage. Top performers from private equity, corporate finance, audit or mergers and acquisitions operations are also strong front-runners for this position.
- You will develop and maintain a regular sales call program on customers to ensure effective management, retention, and expansion of each customer relationship. Establishing and maintaining relationships with major small and medium size industrial and commercial companies (prospects) and key business referral sources in the assigned market area.
- Researching, verifying and analyzing credit applications and preparing comprehensive credit applications of large and complex transactions meeting Term Finance and leasing guidelines.
- You will monitor all assigned accounts to ensure conformity to terms and conditions, as stipulated in credit authorizations with timely financial statement reviews.
- Applying diligence to collecting overdue accounts as reported on the monthly Late Payment Report. Promptly identifying and resolving deteriorating credit quality and participating as necessary in the resolution of problem loan situations.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if:
- You have a University degree at the undergraduate or graduate level in business or economics or a professional financial designation such as a CPA or CFA.
- Two to four years of related commercial credit or analysis and business development experience in a financial services environment.
- You are bilingual in French and English
What's in it for you?
This is your opportunity to maintaining a solid client relationship on assigned client base, keeping an awareness of the affairs of customers, ensuring administration of the accounts is timely (reviews) and a comprehensive database of activities is maintained.
- We are interested in employees who will take personal responsibility for making our company a success. Our employees are truly valued and treated with respect.
- Be part of this stimulating, challenging and fun work environment. You'll be surrounded by people who are passionate about what they do.
- We recognize people as our most valuable asset. We offer a competitive compensation plan, outstanding benefits package and the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.
Pursuant to a language needs assessment conducted by Scotiabank, the successful candidate will be required to be able to communicate in English in addition to French because they will be required to work closely with other groups from head office who operate primarily in English, they will report to a manager from head office who is an English speaker, and/or they will serve and English-speaking clientele.
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Brossard
We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.