New Job Assistant Plant Operations Manager In British Columbia
|Assistant Plant Operations Manager
Assistant Plant Operations Manager
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
Full- time Assistant Plant Operations Manager
The Arbutus Club has been a landmark in Vancouver since 1964. Today, we are a modern recreation complex with first class food and beverage services. Our vast range of facilities and programs, coupled with unparalleled service, have earned us a reputation as one of Canada’s finest premier Private Clubs.
We are looking for an Assistant Plant Operations Manager to support of our Operations department.
Why Join the Club?
- Competitive salary based on level of experience
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental benefits, and RRSP’s
- Daily meal allowance of $12.50 per day
- Free on-site staff parking and corporate discount for local gym membership
- Staff events, training, and opportunities to move and grow within the Club
- Work with a fun, diversified team who are passionate about customer service
- Be part of Canada’s leading private family Club!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist Plant Operations Manager with planning and organizing department activities and development.
- Assume leadership role of Maintenance/Engineering Department in the absence of Plant Operations Manager
- Ensure all Club systems are running smoothly and efficiently, e.g., check heating, cooling, electrical and ammonia systems, water boilers, Pool chemicals, pumps and filters; monitor heating/air conditioning system and adjust, as needed; check fire panel and conduct fire alarm tests, as requested.
- Repair and maintain Plant equipment and machines, e.g., repair/maintain all plant equipment liaise with Contractors and Repairmen; assist with ice flooding, cleaning and edging; repair vacuum cleaners, carpet shampooer, laundry machines; repair leaks in Washrooms, Kitchen and Bistro; replace lights and do general electrical repairs.
- Assist with Special Events and Staff/Member Requests, e.g., liaise with all Departments for Special Events andassist Staff/Housemen as required with set-up and dismantling Family Fun Centre, Tennis Bubble; remove old furniture/fixtures and assemble/install new items; respond to Members’ requests re-temperature, car problems
- Payroll with Plant Operations Manager for all Maintenance / Engineering; draw up Staff schedules weekly for Engineers and Utility Receivers
Requirements & Qualifications
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience working in a leadership role
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience working in plant management
- Must be a 4th Class Power Engineer
- A Level 1 & 2 Pool Operator certificate is highly recommended
- Diploma or certificate in Engineering
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills
We thank all applicants for their interest in The Club. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please. Visit our Web site at www.arbutusclub.com
Job Type: Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: One location