New Job Assistant Human Resource Consultant In Manitoba
|Assistant Human Resource Consultant|
Assistant Human Resource Consultant
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Under the general supervision of the Manager of Human Resources, the Assistant HR Consultant is responsible to provide support to the Manager and the Human Resource Consultants in human resource activities including recruitment and selection; employee and labour relations; and job evaluation/classification. The Assistant HR Consultant will also perform Human Resource administration and reporting activities and undertake special projects and conduct research and analysis on HR initiatives.
As the Assistant HR Consultant you will:
- Responsible for the administration of the City of Winnipeg’s recruitment process
- Responsible for supporting HR practitioners in Employee and Labour Relations issues
- Responsible for supporting HR practitioners and management in the Job Evaluation/Classification process
- Human resource administration and reporting
- Conduct research and analysis on HR issues/initiatives and undertake projects and committee work to strengthen human resource policies, functions and activities across the Department
Your education and qualifications include:
- Post-secondary education in Human Resource Management or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience in a similar position.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in a directly related position.
- Extensive experience conducting full cycle recruitment and selection activities, preferably in a public sector environment.
- Experience providing advice and guidance in the areas of employee and labour relations and classifications is preferred.
- Experience working in a unionized environment is an asset.
- Experience working with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a deadline driven environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships in a collaborative team environment with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills conveying information in a clear and concise manner to others.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgement to solve problems and make decisions quickly and effectively under limited supervision.
- Ability to maintain composure and work in an efficient and professional manner while dealing tactfully with the public, clients and employees.
- Ability to interpret legislation, collective agreements and policies/administrative standards.
- Sound knowledge of Human Resource Information Systems, preferably PeopleSoft.
Conditions of employment:
- The successful applicant must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful applicant possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.
- A Police Information Check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the successful candidate at their expense. For information on obtaining a Police Information Check, please visit www.winnipeg.ca/police.
CORE COMPETENCIES: FOR ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented