New Job Asset Management Consultant In British Columbia
|Asset Management Consultant|
Asset Management Consultant
Company : AECOM
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
The AECOM Asset Management team is seeking an Asset Management Consultant for full-time employment based in our Burnaby, BC office. In addition to a strong technical ability, you will have an innovative approach and ability to take on responsibility, communicate clearly and effectively, be organized and work collaboratively with other team members. This position is ideal for an individual who possesses an appropriate balance of both technical ability and people skills.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the AECOM Burnaby team in delivering specialist Asset Management consultancy services for a range of public and private sector clients involving a diverse asset portfolio including water and wastewater utilities, municipal, transit, airports and ports, and facilities.
- Participate in the establishment of risk-based and fact-based methodologies to address client infrastructure asset management needs.
- Development of asset registries, and asset classes and categories.
- Development of life-cycle costing and long-term asset management plans for infrastructure assets.
- Perform occasional field work to acquire additional infrastructure data or to confirm accuracy of asset data.
- Proposal writing
- Managing and mentoring more junior team members.
- Business development
Beyond the above responsibilities, the successful candidate will:
- Participate in the development of solutions to client problems with a focus on financial analysis and capital investment under the guidance of a more senior manager.
- Have proven project management experience.
- Be able to innovate and pursue collaborative, creative approaches and work on exciting engineering and asset management projects and asset related initiatives.
- Have the ability to work effectively and competently with people at all levels in the organization; is a great team member.
- Have excellent self-management skills, including working effectively with or without direct supervision, managing and organizing fluctuating workloads in sometimes stressful situations.
- Be assigned as a consultant to a wide variety of areas.
Minimum Requirements :
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma (Sciences, Engineering, Finance, Accounting, etc.) + 6 years of related experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- Have practical knowledge in the area of public sector infrastructure with an emphasis on infrastructure asset management, condition assessment procedures, data gathering techniques, data collection and analysis, and system performance monitoring.
Preferred Qualifications :
- 10+ years of experience would be an asset
- Registration as a Professional Engineer
- Other post-secondary education in, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics would be an advantage
- Experience with databases, Geo Information Systems (e.g. ArcGIS) and PowerBI would be an asset.
- Experience with implementing computerized maintenance management systems would be an asset
- Experience with facility condition assessments would be an asset
- Proven working experience as a data analyst would be a plus: high level of proficiency in the use of MS Excel is a core competency.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Articulate and confident, with excellent presentation skills (both oral and written).
- Experience in managing a diverse team of consultants in field of asset management
- Relocation is not available for this position.
- Sponsorship is not available for this position.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.