New Job Application Database Administrator - Peoplesoft In Nova Scotia
|Application Database Administrator - Peoplesoft|
Application Database Administrator - Peoplesoft
Company : IBM
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nova Scotia
As an Application Package Specialist, you'll help clients in the selection, implementation, and production support of application packaged solutions. You'll gain in-depth consulting skills, business knowledge, and packaged solution expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into the clients’ business environment. Join us and start your path as a key player to achieve client expected business results and become the expert you want to be.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Consulting helps our clients fundamentally redesign experiences to create new sources of value, digitally reinvent their operations for great efficiency and transform their entire enterprises through cognitive. We invite you to consider joining IBM's global reach, outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise that are helping transform the way we live and work.
IBM's state-of-the-art Client Innovation Centre (CIC) opened in Nova Scotia in March 2013 and is the first of its kind in Canada. The Centre weaves together IBM’s business insights and industry-leading software portfolio and is ideally suited for any client that needs flexible access to emerging or niche skills that may not be cost effective to grow internally. In addition, our focus on our team is unparalleled as demonstrated by the following:
The CIC NS is one of IBM’s highest performing delivery centres worldwide – for retention, client satisfaction and utilization. Our employees are empowered to stay and grow within IBM.
- We are very focused on continuous skill development – staff training is our third largest annual Centre investment. Employees are immersed in a culture of learning and constant growth
- Investment in key partnership with universities, government and private sector groups which has resulted in IBM having a key influencing role in Nova Scotia’s ICT industry, especially in talent development
- Be a part of making the world more instrumented, interconnected - and intelligent. Join us.
In this role, you'll work in our IBM Client Innovation Center (CIC), where we deliver deep technical and industry expertise to a wide range of public and private sector clients around the world. These centers offer our clients locally based skills and technical expertise to drive innovation and adoption of new technology. Our team is looking for enthusiastic and driven Application Database Administrators (PeopleSoft DBAs).
With access to resources that only a global leader can provide, you will learn valuable skills, gain access to a vast and diverse network of talented professionals, and enjoy unparalleled career, training, and educational opportunities. Join us and you'll be part of a team that encourages constant learning and provides the projects and training that will help develop your expertise. You'll be challenged and supported in an environment that embraces individual differences and rewards your best work. You'll find everything you need to start building the career you want at one of the most successful companies in history. But it's up to you how you get there - you'll be the one in charge, putting forward your ideas, taking on responsibilities and making choices about how to get the job done.
In this role as a PeopleSoft DBA, you will be responsible for installation and technical configuration of the PeopleSoft ERP system and databases in multiple environments. DBAs provide systems and database administration for PeopleSoft application technical environments, and apply necessary patches and upgrades.
- PeopleSoft application administration;
- Installation and configuration of PeopleSoft Software;
- Execute upgrade scripts;
- System administration;
- Troubleshoot database and application performance issue;
- Support day-to-day PS application development including SQR development, Application Engine, tracing and trace file retrieval, tuning;
- Environment Support;
- Shift work and on call support work.
- Team leadership and project management skills would be an asset
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- PeopleSoft System Administrator with at least 3 years’ experience in an application support role;
- Experience with recent versions of PeopleSoft applications.
- Team leadership and project management skills would be an asset
- Analytical and you have strong problem determination skills;
- Detail oriented, creative, resourceful and able to work independently as well as part of a larger team;
- Proven communicator and enjoy collaborating;
- MUST be eligible for Federal Government security clearance
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- As above with 5+ years’ experience.
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and the Crimea, Luhansk, Donetsk, Kherson, and Zaporizhia regions of Ukraine) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBM