New Job Analytics Specialist In New Brunswick
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $49,166–$68,718 a year
Location : New Brunswick
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
(An alternate work location in New Brunswick may be considered)
The Department of Health is seeking an individual to join the Shared Analytics Branch as an Analytics Specialist.
As the Analytics Specialist you will:
- Conduct various analytical and statistical exercises concerning health system issues.
- Perform data mining operations with administrative databases/sets to create insights on the performance of the health care system.
- Conduct data linkage exercises with large data sets.
- Develop KPIs/measures and incorporate them into established departmental dashboards.
- Prepare and communicate results of studies and reports for public release while ensuring proper data disclosure/suppression techniques.
- Develop and monitor data quality initiatives.
- Provide consultation services, conduct research, drafting of documents, evaluation of programs and standards.
- Perform various other related duties as required.
Who you are:
- You shine when you are able to effectively contribute fresh ideas and innovative solutions for your organization and your clients.
- You are at your best when you are challenged and thrive on getting results.
- You are recognized for your attention to detail, organization skills, and ability to prioritize deliverables.
- You have well-developed writing skills to prepare material where interpretation, analysis, assessment and creativity, requiring the knowledgeable use of terminology and precise articulation of ideas or opinions, is necessary to effectively communicate.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or a related area.
- Knowledge of statistical software packages such as SAS, R, STATA, SPSS is also required.
- An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
- Written and spoken competence in English and French is required. Please state your language capability on your application.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensue that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
Asset Qualifications: Preference may be given to candidates that possess one or more of the following asset qualifications:
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI
- Experience working with large data sets
Candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications, in addition to the essential qualifications, in order to be given further consideration.
Behavioural Competencies: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioural competencies:
- Analytical Thinking/Judgment
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Results Orientation
Technical Competencies: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Knowledge of research methodologies, principles and practices.
- Written Communication.
- Ability to Use Office Technology, Software and Applications.
Résumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
Salary: $49,166 to$68,718 per annum (Pay Band 3)
What can GNB offer you:
- Comprehensive benefits package which includes paid vacation, Health and Dental Plan, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability and the New Brunswick Public Service Pension Plan.
- Free access to Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and services.
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities.
How to apply:
We encourage applicants to apply on-line at https://www.ere.gnb.ca/competition.aspx?lang=E&t=Y or by mail at the following address by April 28, 2023 indicating competition number 35-23-0002. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Department of Health
4th floor, 520 King Street
Fredericton, NB E3B 5G8
Telephone: (506) 453-4331
E-Mail: [email protected]
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Check out what it is like to work at the Government of New Brunswick, where we are working together as One Team One GNB to improve the lives of New Brunswickers every day!