New Job Advisor, Social Programs In Alberta
|Advisor, Social Programs
Advisor, Social Programs
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Requisition ID: 1871
Position Type: Temporary Full Time
Fixed Term Duration: Approximately twelve (12) months
Number of Openings: 1
Bi-weekly Working Hours: 70 hours bi-weekly
Department/ Branch: Community and Protective Services, Community Partnerships & Initiatives
Job Location: Fort McMurray
Salary Range: Competitive Salary
COLA: Bi-Weekly - $480
Closing Date (dd/mm/yyyy): 23/04/2023
Posting Type: Internal and External
The Advisor Social Programs is responsible for developing and implementing community partnerships and initiative programs for assigned clientele. Primary responsibilities of this position include:
Administration: Manages the administrative functions of the department to ensure maintenance of records, databases, documents, and statistical reports. Reviews budget and expenditure information for accuracy, processes charges, and tracks costs. Organizes activities for other related programs and special projects as required.
Departmental Support: Assists with research and development of department initiatives and programs. Analyzes department goals and objectives and ensures tasks are aligned and meeting service levels. Responds to enquiries, assists with service delivery, and maintains best practices.
Departmental Coordination: Manages complex issues that may include political consideration. Supports organizations, communities, and boards to access resources and expertise to promote organizational capacity building. Evaluates proposals for funding and interprets provincial and federal contracts. Monitors funded community groups for contract compliance. Conducts community consultation/engagement and maintains partnerships. Coordinates meetings and education sessions. Participates in the administration of the Emergency Social Services community response. Participates in provincial outcome measurements reporting.
Understanding of community development principles and practice.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership, problem solving, mediation, crisis intervention, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with internal and external clients and stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment.
- Organize workload, set priorities, and work within tight deadlines.
- Ability to analyze information from various sources, identifying issues and identifying problems.
- Must be able to perform in a fast-paced project environment.
- A self-starter who takes initiative without being prompted.
Degree or diploma in Social Services (Social Work, Nursing, Childhood Development, or Family Services) or related discipline.
- An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
Three (3) years experience with a degree or five (5) years experience with a diploma, in a community and/or social services role.
- Experience working in a public sector environment considered an asset.
Ability to provide a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search for review and acceptance.
- A valid Class Five (5) Operator’s License is required as incumbent will be required to operate a personal or municipal vehicle for business use on a regular basis.
As an employee of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo, the incumbent is responsible and accountable for knowing and working in accordance with the Health and Safety Directive. As per Section 2 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, the incumbent shall ensure, while in the employ of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo, the health and safety of employees, contractors, and the public.
To apply: Please visit our website at jobs.rmwb.ca
Current employees must apply through the internal careers site.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals
selected for interviews will be contacted. Late applications will not be accepted.