New Job Admn O 24R - Communications & Engagement Specialist In British Columbia
|ADMN O 24R - Communications & Engagement Specialist|
ADMN O 24R - Communications & Engagement Specialist
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $73,855–$84,134 a year
Location : British Columbia
Campbell River, BC V9W 6Y7 CA
Cranbrook, BC V1C 7G5 CA
Fort Nelson, BC V0C 1R0 CA
Hope, BC V0X 1L0 CA
Kamloops, BC V2H 1B7 CA
Kelowna, BC V1Z 2S9 CA
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Nanaimo, BC V9T 6L8 CA
Nelson, BC V1L 6K1 CA
Prince George, BC V2N4P7 CA
Smithers, BC V0J 2N0 CA
Surrey, BC V4P 1M5 CA
Vancouver, BC V6B 0N8 CA
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA
Williams Lake, BC V2G 5M1 CA
An excellent senior opportunity for a dedicated professional
About the Ministry:
Dedicated to making life better for British Columbians, the Ministry of Citizens’ Services (CITZ) delivers key services that people rely on. CITZ delivers accessible, multi-channel services, through a single-point-of-contact service approach to people in urban and rural communities through Service BC, and delivers the digital face of government at www.gov.bc.ca. CITZ also provides support for the expansion of high-speed internet connectivity throughout the province, leadership across government to modernize information management and technology resources, trusted data services to government agencies, prompt and relevant responses to freedom of information requests, and statistical and economic research, information and analysis to businesses and the public sector. In addition, the ministry manages the Province’s real estate assets, technology systems and equipment, and leverages procurement to increase business opportunities and create rewarding jobs that contribute to local economies and benefit individuals, families, and communities.
A service-focused organization, CITZ strives to be a great place to work, where all employees feel both engaged and motivated to do their best.
About the Division:
Reporting through the Office of Government’s Chief Information Officer, the Enterprise Services Division (ES) enables government to deliver services to citizens by providing cost-effective management and supply of Information Management/Information Technology (IM/IT) services such as data and voice networks, workstations and mobile devices, messaging and collaboration services, information security, data centre and application hosting, and enterprise architecture. These services are essential for providing mission-critical supports to all government ministries, broader public sector clients, and Crown corporations as they deliver their services to other ministries and citizens.
ES is responsible for providing IM/IT Infrastructure and services that include essential work tools (i.e., desktops, laptops, tablets, productivity tools), maintaining state-of-the-art-data centres; preventing, detecting, and responding to cyberattacks; supporting critical communication services (internet, telephone, and email); IT Service management and technology planning. ES is also responsible for operational communications and IT response to events such as large IT incidents, Wildfire and COVID-19, by utilizing the IT Operations Centre.
About the Branch:
The Digital Workplace and Collaboration Services Branch (DWCS) is responsible for implementing high-quality tools to support a modern digital workplace. By delivering employee-ready tools and supports, DWCS enables and empowers all B.C. Public Service employees to deliver services to the citizens of B.C. DWCS is focused on providing simple, accessible, and approachable solutions to employees, by delivering the information and resources employees need to access and use digital tools and services. Taking an agile and evidence-based approach, the teams that make up DWCS work hand-in-hand with ministries to evolve the digital employee experience and support government’s approach to flexible work.
The Communications & Engagement Specialist is part of a team responsible for research, strategic analysis, program and service design, and implementation of a range of high-profile, multi-dimensional projects in support of the development of digital tools to support BC Public Servants. The Specialist supports the planning, development and delivery of the units outreach and engagement efforts, uses and develops resources including communications, webinars, videos, workshops, strategies, etc. and works on internal governmental project development and delivery.
- You enjoy the idea of collaborating with creative and IT teams in coordinating, preparing and producing digital projects, communication and engagement materials, and much more.
- You’re a self-starter capable of thriving in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
- You’re excited about being the glue between the employee end users and the technical delivery teams, while remaining actively involved in both day-to-day expectations and long-term organizational goals.
Education and Experience:
- An equivalent combination of education, training and *related experience may be considered:
- Degree in business administration, public administration, communications, or other related field; and two years of *related experience, OR
- Diploma in business administration, public administration, communications, or other related field; and three years *related experience, OR
- Post-Secondary Certificate in business administration, public administration, communications, or other related field; and four years of related experience, OR
- Secondary School graduation and five years of *related experience.
- Related experience (within the last ten years) includes all of the following:
- engagement and consultation processes with a diverse array of stakeholders
- communicating and including issues involving various stakeholders
- changing technical information technology writing/ content, into plain language end user focused communications.
- managing projects and/or programs; specifically, planning, developing, implementing and evaluating
Preference may be given to applicants with:
- Experience using website, graphics and/or webinar software (e.g., CMS Lite, Go to Webinar, Adobe Suite, including Acrobat, Photoshop and Illustrator).
- Experience providing advice and recommendations to senior staff, such as Executive Directors and/or Assistant Deputy Ministers, or private sector equivalent.
- Experience writing and editing communication materials including briefing notes, online articles, blog submissions, and/or other online or social media communications.
For questions regarding this position, please contact [email protected]
About this Position:
An eligibility list may be established to fill future permanent and/or temporary vacancies across the Ministry of Citizens’ Services.
Remote work is allowed. This position can work up to full time from their home in British Columbia as per the Telework Agreement. The locations listed above are to assist applicants in searching for this opportunity and are not a complete list of locations.
Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact [email protected] or 778-405-3452.
The BC Public Service is an award-winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed above.
Cover Letter: NO - Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume: YES - Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) – You will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and how you obtained your relevant experience. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail [email protected], before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.