New Job Administrative Assistant In Ontario
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $54,878–$61,379 a year
Location : Ontario
Indeterminate - Permanent (Full time)
$54,878 to $61,379
For further information on the organization, please visit Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
Discover the interesting work we do at Agriculture & Agri-Food Canada Videos
Closing date: 20 April 2023 - 23:59, Pacific TimeWho can apply: Open to persons residing within a 50 km radius of the following locations: Harrow (Ontario) or London (Ontario).
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
We want you to succeed! Our objective is to identify qualified candidates by fairly assessing their abilities. Assessment accommodations are intended to remove obstacles without altering the criteria being assessed so that all candidates can showcase their capabilities.
Please help us meet our commitment of providing an inclusive and barrier-free environment by letting us know if you require assessment accommodations, including assistance with the application process. Additional information on the assessment format(s) (for example: exam, interview) will be provided at each assessment stage.
As one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC) is proud to celebrate our achievement in creating a diverse, respectful, and positive workplace where all employees are valued and recognized for their unique qualities, ideas, voices and perspectives. We are dedicated to building and promoting a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce, representative of all Canadians regardless of race, ethnicity, colour, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, socio-economic background or lived experience. By embracing diversity and inclusion, our department ensures broader discussions, better decisions, and a more positive workplace.
- The Gender and Sexual Diversity Inclusiveness Network
- The Indigenous Network Circle
- The Managers' Community
- The Persons with Disabilities Network
- The Student Panel of Representatives for Orientation, Unity and Training
- The Visible Minorities Network
- The Women in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Network
- The Young Professional's Network
Intent of the process
A pool of qualified and partially qualified candidates may be established and may be used to staff similar positions with various tenures as well as various linguistic requirements.
Positions to be filled: 1
Information you must provide
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
A secondary school diploma or an acceptable* combination of education, training and/or experience.
Note: Acceptable* combination must be related to administrative services and/or program delivery and can be obtained through the private sector, community work, volunteer work, self-employment or other.
If you were educated outside of Canada, you must have your certificates and/or diplomas assessed against Canadian education standards. Click on the link below to contact the Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials (CICIC).
- Experience providing a range of administrative support services, including three or more of the following: formatting documents, data entry, managing an agenda for a senior manager, scheduling and organizing meetings/teleconferences, preparing and collating meeting information and background materials, procuring office equipment and supplies, maintaining a filing system, drafting and editing correspondence, completing organizational forms such as human resources or finance, and other related duties.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Word and Microsoft Office Excel, Outlook, PDF (Foxit and/or Adobe).
- Experience providing service to clients.
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
Information on language requirements
- Demonstrating integrity and respect.
- Working effectively with others.
- Attention to detail.
- Thinking things through.
- Showing initiative and being action-oriented.
- Written and oral communication.
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
- Experience and or/training in providing administrative services in an office environment, for managers, team or project.
- Experience in liaising directly with senior executives, both internally and interdepartmentally and handling of sensitive material.
- Experience in document or information management.
- Experience using advanced features in Microsoft Excel such as formatting, formulas, data analysis (filtering, sorting, and analyzing data).
- Experience in preparing reports.
- Experience coordinating travel arrangements and travel claims.
Agriculture and Agri-food Canada recognizes that the diversity of its employee population contributes to its strength and integrity. We are committed to achieving employment equity and developing a highly capable workforce that is representative of Canadian Society. We encourage women (especially in non-traditional occupations), Indigenous peoples (Aboriginal peoples), persons with disabilities, and members of visible minority groups to apply and declare themselves as part of one or more of the Employment Equity groups as selection may be limited to candidates belonging to one or more of the groups.
Information on employment equity
Ability and willingness to work overtime.
Conditions of employment
Reliability Status security clearance
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply.
Information on employment equity
You must meet all essential qualifications in order to be appointed to the position. Other qualifications may be a deciding factor in choosing the person to be appointed. Some essential and other qualifications will be assessed through your application. It is your responsibility to provide appropriate examples that illustrate how you meet each qualification. Failing to do so could result in your application being rejected.
Various assessment tools may be used, such as, standardized tests, interviews, references, board member knowledge, etc.
All communication relating to this process, including email correspondence may be used in the assessment of qualifications.
A random or top down selection of candidates may be used in the determination of those to be given further consideration in the assessment process.
Appointment decisions may be based on one or more of the following criteria:
- Matching of the individual's experience or qualifications to the strengths and weaknesses of the work team.
- Matching of the individual's experience or qualifications to the specific duties of the position being staffed.
- Depth, breadth, type of work-specific experience.
- Level/degree of one or more competencies/qualifications.
A test may be administered.
An interview may be administered.
Reference checks may be sought.
You must provide proof of your education credentials.
Asset qualifications may be used in the determination of those to be given further consideration in the assessment process.
APPLICATION & CORRESPONDENCE INFORMATION
Applications submitted by email will not be accepted. You must apply on-line through www.canada.ca/en/public-service-commission/jobs/services/gc-jobs.html.
Persons with disabilities preventing them from applying on-line are asked to contact the email referenced below under "Contact Information".
Persons are entitled to participate in the appointment process in the official language of their choice. Applicants are asked to indicate their preferred official language in their application.
Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required. Candidates who apply to this selection process should include an email address that accepts email from unknown users (some email systems block these types of email).
Preference will be given to veterans first and then to Canadian citizens and permanent residents, with the exception of a job located in Nunavut, where Nunavut Inuit will be appointed first.
Information on the preference to veterans
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.