New Job Watch Clerk – Rcmp In British Columbia
|Watch Clerk – RCMP
Watch Clerk – RCMP
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $33.87 an hour
Location : British Columbia
City of Kamloops
Watch Clerk – RCMP
Closing Date: March 12, 2023
At the City of Kamloops, we believe in progressive and barrier-free recruitment for everybody every day. This means employment opportunities for all in a safe, inclusive and diverse workplace. We know our city is stronger when we hire qualified individuals from different backgrounds with diverse experiences, cultures and perspectives.
We are focused on creating the highest levels of service excellence, based on an organization-wide community culture that celebrates our employees who make it all happen. We are known as Canada’s Tournament Capital and are famous for our hospitality and community spirit, traits that make us a leader! Recreation, sports, arts and culture, health care, social activities, volunteerism, and affordable housing all meld to form a unique blend of big-city amenities with small-town ambience. This is Kamloops!
Let’s make Kamloops shine! Join our team today.
The City of Kamloops has an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic team working alongside the RCMP as a Permanent, Full-Time Watch Clerk - RCMP. This position performs a wide variety of administrative duties to assist the RCMP detachment teams. Working within the RCMP detachment, you will be exposed to various tasks to help support RCMP members and City administration. If this sounds like a position that interests you, apply today!
The successful applicant must have the following qualifications:
- Completion of senior secondary school or its equivalent.
- Proficient in intermediate Word and intermediate Excel, as demonstrated through testing (70% pass rate required).
- Proficient in alphanumeric data entry, as demonstrated through testing.
- Minimum of two years of previous experience within the last five years in a municipal support position within a policing environment, working with RCMP records systems with extensive knowledge of PRIME.
- Demonstrated typing speed of 45 net words per minute.
- Ability to successfully complete and pass all required courses offered on the job (such as PRIME, CPIC, firearms safety or its equivalent, etc.).
- Ability to obtain and maintain RCMP Reliability Security Clearance. As the RCMP Enhanced Security Clearance is a condition of employment, if you are unable to obtain the clearance, your position with the City of Kamloops will be terminated.
For new hires, and for those working in designated positions of trust, including those working directly with vulnerable persons, no formal offer of employment will be made until an applicant completes a police information check. A comprehensive benefits package is included with this position.
More than one may be hired.
Hours & Days of Work
2 days - 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
2 nights - 6:00 PM - 6:00 AM
Hours per Week
Please note if you need assistance or have individual needs or requirements throughout the application process, contact the Human Resources Department by telephone, email [email protected] or in person at 105 Seymour Street so we can better support you.
External job postings are open to everyone. We are an equal opportunity employer and thank all applicants for their interest. Please be sure to review the application requirements of each job you apply for. Only those selected to participate in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Applications are accepted online at kamloops.ca/careers.
Education : Other trades certificate or diploma
Experience : 2 years to less than 3 years