New Job Utility Person Ii - Irrigation (Sportsfields And Ipm) In Ontario
|Utility Person II - Irrigation (Sportsfields and IPM)|
Utility Person II - Irrigation (Sportsfields and IPM)
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $29.28 an hour
Location : Ontario
Temporary Full Time (CUPE 136T)
Open to all current Town of Oakville employees and external applicants
One contract opportunity available lasting for approximately 8 months
Applications for this position must be received at oakville.ca by no later than 11:59 pm on March 24, 2023.
This position reports to the Supervisor Sports Fields & IPM receiving daily direction and guidance from the Irrigation Technician l and is responsible for safely operating all tractors, vehicles, and attachments necessary to maintain park facilities and installation of new development projects. The functions performed in this position are in accordance with established standard operating procedures and practices. Work is checked and reviewed during the performance of it.
- Performs maintenance procedures on existing park facilities and installation of new development projects, i.e. irrigation systems, field repairs to systems, pumps, bermads, irrigation panels, pipe installations and waterline repairs.
- Assist in running the turf Fertilization and I.P.M. programs.
- Assist when required in construction work involving; fencing, Backstops, benches, signage and building repairs.
- Maintains daily electronic records of work-related activities, work orders, emails and forecasted work.
- Assists in maintaining necessary records for monthly and yearly inspections of facilities.
- Informs and communicates all deterioration of Town Properties to Supervisor including vandalism.
- Operates all tractors, vehicles, front-end loaders and attachments and hand and power tools in a safe and efficient manner.
- Performs daily circle checks on equipment, making any necessary minor repairs in the prescribed manner, and scheduling any major repairs with the Supervisor. Inspection and/or completion of traffic safety plans as required.
- May be required to work shifts; i.e. weekends and/or nights or in other departments for short periods i.e. winter control and/or emergencies.
- Ability to read write and comprehend work orders, instructions, short notes, diagrams, operation manuals inspection and technical reports, equipment manuals, daily activity cards, log entries and vehicle circle check.
- Winter duties to include but not limited to; hand shoveling, plowing, salting, flooding rinks and sanitation when required.
- Repairs and maintains all tools and equipment ensuring they are clean and lubricated.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of Grade 12 education with Turf Management Courses or acceptable equivalent in education or experience. Successful completion of Irrigation Technologist and Confined Space Entry certifications are also required.
- 3 years turf management experience including irrigation systems and I.P.M. programs.
- Must be familiar with CIS system and able to troubleshoot Maxicom issues and programing.
- Must possess 2-3 years’ experience in the operation of equipment such as tractors, loaders, forklift, and all attachments.
- Must possess an understanding of the Highway Traffic Act and knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Demonstrated effective communication, both oral and written, customer service and problem solving skills.
- Proficient time management skills and flexibility in adjusting between a variety of duties. Ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- Must hold and provide a copy of a valid and unrestricted Ontario Driver’s License Class DZ minimum (standard and automatic transmission) with a driving record that demonstrates responsible and safe driving behaviour. Note: Applicants with 6 or more points are ineligible for consideration. The successful applicant, who is a new hire, will be required to provide the Corporation with a current drivers abstract (no older than 30 days) and pass a Town administered road test prior as a condition of employment.
- Must be willing to work a 40-hour workweek in varying weather conditions and be available for shift work as required.