|Systems Analyst – Level 2|
Systems Analyst – Level 2
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $33.12–$50.14 an hour
Location : Newfoundland and Labrador
This is Anjali from vTech Solution, Inc. Hope you are doing well.
Wish to check if you would like to consider below job: If yes, kindly send me a copy of your resume in word format and work authorization status details.
Systems Analyst – Level 2
Systems Analyst – Level 2 (HR Application Support - PeopleSoft)
Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO)
Government of Newfoundland & Labrador
Anticipated Start Date:
3rd April 2023
Anticipated End Date:
31st March 2024
Approx 1 Year
Estimated working hours:
7 Per Day
40 Higgins Line, St. John’s; Work can be done Hybrid
This requisition is seeking a Systems Analyst – Level 2 for the Human Resource Management System (HRMS) Support Team for the OCIO Application and Information Management Services Branch. The assignment is for 100% time for the period April 3, 2023 to March 31, 2024.
§ Resources will be required to work in St. John’s, which can be a combination of work from the office and remote work as stipulated during the assignment.
§ Proposals that offer a remote-work only option will be disqualified.
Office of the Chief Information Officer
The Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) provides a professional information technology (IT) and information management (IM) capability aligned to support the business of government and the citizens of Newfoundland and Labrador. Responsibilities of the office include IT and IM coordination, planning, budgeting and policy development; development and operation of computer systems and infrastructure for government; expenditure and procurement of IT goods and services; the management of IT related agreements and contracts; and the administration of the Management Information Act. Additionally, the OCIO provides consultative services, and works collaboratively with the private information technology sector to maximize business opportunities and to support the private sector as well as the people of our province.
The OCIO Application and Information Management Services (AIMS) Branch is responsible for providing overall leadership and vision for the OCIO’s application services, including application support, application enhancement, application maintenance, production control, web support and database administration services.
The provision of application services supports government’s operational requirements for government departments and publicly funded bodies. This consists of approximately 600 business applications most of which are critical to the services provided by government.
Human Resource Management System (HRMS) PeopleSoft
Oracle PeopleSoft HCM 9.1/9.2, PeopleTools Rel. 8.5x is an integrated, corporate human resource management system for the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador. The OCIO is responsible for providing technical support for delivered and custom code and processes for five PeopleSoft modules, including Payroll, HR, Benefits Administration, Time and Labour, and Absence Management, as well as components of Manager Self-Service and Employee Self-Service. Key functional areas currently supported include Civil Service, Pensioner/Refund and Teacher payrolls, financial integration, leave management, benefits administration, and occupational health and safety.
Overview of the Assignment
The Systems Analyst – Level 2 will provide additional capacity on the Application and Information Management Services team that supports HRMS. The successful candidate will be responsible for the investigation and completion of service requests for HRMS and will work closely with clients, the Team Lead and other team members to provide technical and functional support for this application. This assignment is for daily support work and is not project based.
Working under the direction of the AIMS Manager, with work assigned by the Team Lead, the responsibilities of the Systems Analyst – Level 2 will include, but not be limited to, the following.
· At an expert level, support the day-to-day functions and annual operational cycle of the Government of Newfoundland Labrador’s PeopleSoft HCM application, Human Resource Management System (HRMS);
· Document status and time on assigned tasks in OCIO’s ticket management system;
· Follow policies and work processes of the OCIO’s Application and Information Management Services Branch;
· Responsible for request processing and the quality control, maintenance, change management, support and administration of production systems as assigned by Team Lead using OCIO ticketing system;
· Recommend, design and implement technical solutions to client requests, ensuring application security and availability and taking into consideration in supporting the PeopleSoft HCM Modules of HRMS including:
o Time and Labour
o Absence Management
o Benefits Administration
· Assist with functional support of the PeopleSoft application, as required;
· Design, develop and support PeopleSoft application customizations and integrations;
· Develop and support reporting solutions created using SQR and BI Publisher;
· Liaise with Oracle support in logging and analyzing tickets;
· Create and modify the following according to published standards while taking into consideration the Information Management and Protection requirements of the system:
o Pages and Components
o Application Engine
o Component interfaces
o Data Mover
· Update related documentation as a result of system changes including but not limited to OPMs, DR Plans, procedures, guides;
EXPERIENCE LEVELS SHOULD BE:
7+ years of relevant experience in this role.
RESPONSIBILITIES COULD INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Develop requirements, feasibility, cost, design, and specification documents for new or production systems.
- Gather and analyse data for the conduct of studies to establish the technical and economic feasibility of proposed computer systems.
- Analyze functional requirements to identify information, procedures and decisions flows and recommend alternatives for solutions.
- Define and document interfaces of manual to automated operations within sub-systems, to external systems and between new and existing systems.
- Define input/output sources including a detailed plan for technical design phase.
- Define and document all systems components, their interfaces and operational environment.
- Define data structures and files, sub-systems and modules, programs, batch, online, production monitoring procedures, testing strategy and systems.
- Document systems design, concepts and facilities, present and obtain approval for detailed system design.
- Translate business requirements into systems design and technical specifications.
- Work with developers to model and produce functional prototype and an operational system including all forms, manuals programs, data files and procedures.
- Implement systems to support projects, departments, organizations or businesses.
- Create, update and maintain procedures and standards.
- Maintain up-to-date business knowledge of standards, policies and processes.
- Provide expert consultation in production system analysis, performance, scalability security and maintenance.
- Analyze and coordinate data file conversions including completing mapping, interfaces, mock conversion work, enhancements, actual conversion and verify completeness and accuracy of converted data.
- Work with importing / restructuring files and data from various sources and in diverse formats.
- Contribute to the work breakdown structure and Project Plan.
Salary: $33.12-$50.14 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Day shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- St. John's, NL A1B 2Y5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)