New Job Supervisor Of Meter Reading And Inspections In Manitoba
|Supervisor of Meter Reading and Inspections|
Supervisor of Meter Reading and Inspections
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Under the direction of the Superintendent of Meters, the Supervisor of Meter Reading and Inspections is responsible for ensuring the processes and procedures of the section are being followed and that they satisfy the needs of residents and businesses. The position supervises a moderate size staff performing duties in meter reading and water meter inspections. An important task of the Supervisor is to monitor and make recommendations to improve service to residents and businesses within both the commercial and annual residential meter reading programs This includes improving efficiencies like incorporating new technologies into the operations, and monitoring effectiveness.
As the Supervisor of Meter Reading and Inspections you will:
- Administer the activities of the meter reading and inspection section to ensure timely and efficient gathering of meter readings.
- Supervise and direct staff including, clerks, commercial meter readers, inspection staff, technical assistant, seasonal meter readers and seasonal clerks.
- Resolve escalated and difficult customer complaints, requests, and inquiries concerning meter reading, meter accuracy, and inspections.
- Monitor, plan and coordinate the overall meter reading and inspection processes.
- Maintain the computerized handheld meter reading system.
- Develop standards for work completion.
- Plan and coordinate the re-routing of meter reading routes using a computerized mapping system.
- Analyze meter reading productivity reports and initiate corrective action when necessary.
- Identify technological equipment or developments that would enhance productivity.
- Participate in the review and development of Branch procedures, goals, needs and requirements.
- Ensure compliance with Worker’s Compensation Legislation, Human Rights Legislation, safety regulations and safe work practices.
- Perform other related duties consistent with the classification, as assigned.
Your education and qualifications include:
- Diploma in Business Administration or Engineering Technology, or an equivalent combination of training and experience is preferred.
- Must have two years prior related experience.
- Must possess a general understanding of the water supply and wastewater services.
- Demonstrated knowledge of administrative practices, skills and concepts in a utility environment with an ability to plan, provide clear direction, coordinate, distribute workloads and monitor the work of subordinate staff.
- Must have general knowledge of plumbing systems, meter management systems and water/wastewater metering applications in industrial, commercial, and residential situations.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise staff using leadership competencies and skills to train, evaluate, develop and provide constructive feedback.
- Demonstrated proficiency working with computers and the Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization, external contacts and the public including customers, in accordance with the Respectful Workplace Standard.
- Demonstrated ability to provide customer service to a wide range of customers, using sound judgement, tact and diplomacy, while maintaining composure under stressful, tense conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret engineering drawings and schematics.
- Must have general knowledge of the Water and Sewer By-laws and applicable provincial legislations.
Conditions of employment:
- The successful applicant must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful applicant possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.
- A Police Information Check and Vulnerable Sector Search satisfactory to the employer will be required from the successful candidate, at their expense.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Manitoba Class 5 Driver’s Licence.
- Must be physically capable of performing all of the duties of the position, including the ability to climb ladders, crawling, crouching and lift weights up to 20 lbs.
CORE COMPETENCIES for ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented