|STKWRK 09R - Stockworker|
STKWRK 09R - Stockworker
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $45,648–$51,428 a year
Location : British Columbia
A great opportunity to take the next step in your career
Situated in Coquitlam, British Columbia (BC), the Product Distribution Centre (PDC) is a Health Canada licensed inventory management and distribution facility established by the BC Government for use by BC Government ministries, Crown Corporations, government funded organizations, Municipal governments, and the Federal government. The PDC procures and distributes a wide range of products on behalf of Government clients and the Broader Public Sector.
As a Stock Worker, you will receive, record, store, ship, deliver and secure products in a highly automated, computerized warehouse environment; following standard operating procedures (SOP’s) as they relate to medical devices and drugs, and manufacturer storage and handling requirements governed by Health Canada.
Education and Experience
- Secondary school graduation or equivalent (ie. GED).
- Minimum 1 year direct work experience in an automated, fast paced performance-oriented logistics and distribution organization.
- Experience using an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system such as SAP or equivalent.
- Experience using RF scanning / voice pick technology and equipment for receiving, picking or doing replenishments.
- 2 years or more experience working in a warehouse environment.
- Experience operating Material Handling Equipment (MHE) such as forklifts, order pickers or ride on power jacks.
- Experience using automated horizontal or vertical carousel picking systems (White, Raymond).
- Work experience receiving, picking, packing and shipping in a logistics environment.
- Work experience requiring Health Canada regulations specific to medical devices.
- Experience using automated third-party shipping systems (Loomis and Purolator).
- Beginner to intermediate level Microsoft Excel experience.
- Possess and maintain a valid Class 5 or Class 7(N) BC driver’s license or an equivalent class driver's license from another province or jurisdiction.
- Must have or be able to acquire:
- occupational certification in Transportation and Handling of Dangerous Goods (TDG certificate);
- WHIMS certificate;
- certification in the operation of Material Handling Equipment.
For questions regarding this position, please contact [email protected]
About this Position:
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.
Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact [email protected] or 778-405-3452.
How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed above.
Cover Letter: NO - Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume: YES - A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) - You will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and how you obtained your relevant experience. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail [email protected], before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
The BC Public Service COVID-19 Vaccination Policy defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.