|Senior Technical Product Manager, Equinix Smart Build|
Senior Technical Product Manager, Equinix Smart Build
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 245+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
At Equinix, we help the world’s digital leaders scale with agility, speed the launch of digital services, deliver world-class experiences, and transform people’s lives. Our culture is based on collaboration and the growth and development of our teams.
We hire hardworking people who thrive on solving challenging problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, and try new approaches, as we grow our product portfolio with new software and network architecture solutions. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
Equinix Smart Build handles all aspects of design and installation for our customers — ensuring their data center deployment is turnkey from procurement to installation. Smart Build also includes the procurement and reselling of specialized products that support evolving equipment standards and technology requirements within the data center. You will help to enable industry-leading service experience by simplifying and modernizing quoting interfaces, building robust accessory procurement, pricing management, inventory tracking, and developing a customer interface for status tracking of their orders and deployments. Additionally, you will strategize how to achieve that vision, distill, and define requirements, translate requirements into functional and technical specifications and then drive the development life cycle from start to finish.
The Product Management team works closely with our technology team to guide products from concept to launch. As part of the Product team, you will bridge the technical and business worlds as you deliver services that our customers love. You will collaborate closely with Product development, User Experience, Engineering, Solution Architects, Operations counterparts, and internal and external partners to build innovative network interconnection features. Solid understanding of product development and network service offerings, relationship management abilities, and experience developing data networking products in a high-technology, dynamic environment is crucial to your success.
- Collaborate closely with technology teams to provide clear direction on Agile product backlog, epic and user story requirements, and feature delivery
- Describe and write detailed product requirements through personas and use case development
- Understands business value, clearly expresses Product Backlog items in terms of business and customer value, and verifies business value is delivered from the development team
- Prioritize backlog including features, bugs, enabler work, and tech debt; working regularly with the scrum team to refine and add detail where needed
- Works with Product Management and Cross Functional Engineering Team to define good confidence release deliverables for any given release
- Drafts acceptance criteria and work with the team to refine and elaborate; Accepts user stories as done based on acceptance criteria and definition of done
- Lead definition of allowable configurations, writes test cases, and executes UAT
- Identifies improvements to existing product processes; develops a strong understanding of processes and technology
- Completes ad-hoc assignments that assist in the development of product strategy and roadmap
- Identifies and proactively includes correct stakeholders and communications effectively; Can manage stakeholder expectations within and/or across functions
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, or a related technical field
- 7 years of experience in product management and/or product development in an agile scrum environment
- Trained in Agile development methodology with experience as product owner/backlog owner
- Experience with procurement, supply chain, and logistics
- Experienced with Agile Development tools including Jira, Confluence, or equivalents
- Basic knowledge of data center operations and design standards
- Ability to facilitate across multiple teams to deliver business results (Sales, Operations, Customer Care, Finance, Procurement)
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with strong technical abilities and extreme attention to detail and ability to self-audit work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; presentation, customer service, business, and negotiation skills
- The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated proactive contributor and subject matter expert on the product. Familiarity with business issues, or the ability to quickly learn.
- Experience with developing enterprise software (Oracle, Siebel, Coupa)
- Agile and/or Networking Certifications
- Working knowledge of data center operations and infrastructure design standards
- Understanding of telecommunications design standards
Equinix is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals, including those with a disability. If you need assistance in applying for an open position, you may send an email to [email protected] Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
Equinix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and, in the U.S., an Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to unlawful consideration of race, color, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, place of birth, citizenship, sex, pregnancy / childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic partnership status, age, veteran or military status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, political / organizational affiliation, status as a victim or family member of a victim of crime or abuse, or any other status protected by applicable law.