New Job Senior Infrastructure Analyst – Hybrid Cloud In Nova Scotia
|Senior Infrastructure Analyst – Hybrid Cloud|
Senior Infrastructure Analyst – Hybrid Cloud
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nova Scotia
Job Title: Senior Infrastructure Analyst – Hybrid Cloud
Company, Department: Nova Scotia Power, Information Technology
Location: Halifax, NS - Hybrid
Type of Employment: Regular, Full Time
Closing Date: April 11, 2023
Reference Number: 11145
We are currently looking to fill the position of Senior Infrastructure Analyst – Hybrid Cloud to supplement our dynamic team in a Permanent position. We’re hiring solution-minded people excited to help us grow into the future.
Under the direction of the IT Technical Support Manager and reporting to Infrastructure Analyst Lead, the Infrastructure Analyst will be responsible for ensuring server network and storage operations for Nova Scotia Power’s business and operational systems.
This position will work closely with projects and the NSP IT Operations teams to ensure smooth operation of the technical environments that includes both public cloud and private cloud. Both hands on work and coordinating with other providers will be part of this role.
The Infrastructure Analyst must have a strong technical background with multiple years’ experience, a passion for technology and finding better ways to work. A desire for learning is key to the success of this role.
The analyst will:
- Have working knowledge of at least one Public Cloud provider from an IaaS/PaaS perspective.
- Have significant experience with building large and small VMware environments, (Host build/configuration, deploying VM’s)
- Experience working with Infrastructure as Code and DevOps would be an asset.
- Have administrator level expertise managing and patching Windows and Unix/ Linux Server environments,
- Have significant experience with Active Directory
- Have experience working with and provisioning SAN, and Backup technologies. (Fibre channel, LUN’s/volumes)
- Have a networking background (Understand L2/L3 networking, requesting firewall rules, network segmentation and segregation)
- Knowledge of Cisco networking and Source Fire a plus.
- Experience working with Cisco UCS and hyperconverged systems a bonus.
- Have strong collaboration skills.
- Experience and knowledge with private and public clouds
- Have a foundation of IT Security in everyday work.
- Have experience in IT hardware/software procurement and licensing.
- Have the ability to learn new technologies, open to developing new processes that will increase operational efficiencies and be passionate about solving complex problems or making technology breakthroughs.
- Has a want to transform how the data centre operates
- Manage and execute infrastructure changes using standard change management methodologies.
- Test, manage and provide input on hardware and software standards and facilitate non-standard requests.
- Interact with vendors to resolve problems and research information.
- Work in collaboration with external partners and desktop support to optimize support and deployment processes.
- Preferably have the ITIL foundations certification
- Have experience working with a CMDB.
- Provide afterhours support as necessary.
You will be responsible for your personal safety and that of co-workers by observing all Occupational Health and Safety Rules and Regulations.
Skills, Capabilities and Experience:
The successful candidate will have a university degree or diploma in a computer related discipline and five years’ experience working with the technologies stated above. A solid understanding of expertise across the IT disciplines to deliver effective business solutions is also required.
We offer remote work opportunities, to be discussed with your leader, however you are required to live in or be willing to relocate Nova Scotia for this role.
At Nova Scotia Power, everyone is a leader in their own right. Our Leadership Competencies set standards that advance our business strategy, deliver results for customers, and provide career development for employees. The successful individual in this role will take ownership and acts with integrity, drives operational success for customers and builds strong and collaborative relationships.
Why join our team?
- Flexibility: Hybrid work model with flexible remote workdays.
- Health & Wellbeing: A comprehensive benefits plan, access to a free on-site fitness centre Employee and Family Assistance Program, parental leave top-up plan and wellness benefits.
- Grow Your Career: Opportunities to advance within and between our affiliate companies, a focus on employee development and available sponsored education programs.
- Community Engagement & Care: Corporate investments in the places where our people live and work, mentoring opportunities, fundraising-matching & volunteer programs, and scholarships for children of employees.
- Competitive Compensation: A comprehensive benefits plan, short-term incentive plans and employer matching RRSP contributions.
At Nova Scotia Power, we are committed to providing safe, reliable electricity so that our customers and communities can thrive. We work across the province, from Yarmouth to Wreck Cove, to prevent power outages and to strengthen our electrical system—for today, and for the future.
As a subsidiary of Emera Inc, we provide 95% of the generation, transmission, and distribution of electrical power to approximately 540,000 residential, commercial, and industrial customers. Our company is focused on new technologies to enhance customer service and reliability, reduce emissions, and add renewable energy.
We are proud to live and work in Nova Scotia. It is why we work to understand how we can give back meaningfully, support local organizations and work collaboratively to enhance the communities we call home.
We believe that every unique perspective should be valued and that everyone should have a sense of safety and belonging—at work, and in our communities. Leveraging the thoughts of a diverse workforce helps us to be innovative and provide the best service to our customers.
If working in an environment focused on innovation, safety and putting customers and community first inspires you, we want to hear from you. Apply by April 11, 2023, and tell us what excites you about this role.
Finally, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team, so if your experience is close to what we have listed above, please consider applying. If you do not see yourself in this role but want to join our team, please set up a Job Alert to learn about future opportunities!