|Seasonal Maintenance Worker|
Seasonal Maintenance Worker
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $35,554–$39,949 a year
Location : Prince Edward Island
Position: Maintenance Worker
Reports to: Maintenance Technician
Last Updated: March 9, 2023
Salary Range: Level 3 ($35,554 to $39,949 per year)
The Maintenance Worker - is a seasonal position that reports directly to the Recreation Maintenance Technician. This position is anticipated to work from May to October. Under general supervision, this position will perform tasks relating to a variety of areas including sport facility maintenance, parks and trail maintenance and community beautification including horticulture.
Duties and Responsibilities:
§ Implement preventative maintenance plans for Town owned recreational facilities and properties.
§ Operate a variety of equipment to maintain athletic fields and greenspaces.
§ Assist with the operation and maintenance of the outdoor commercial pool.
§ Assist with the setup and maintenance of the Town’s outdoor rinks.
§ Assist in the supervision and training of seasonal staff.
§ Inspect tractor and mower for safe and proper operation; maintain equipment as needed, replacing fuel, fluids, and oil.
§ Mow, edge, trim and rake fields.
§ Assist with planting and maintaining Town flower beds.
§ Operate light vehicles, commercial mowers, small grass cutting/hedge trimming machinery, power tools and other specialized seasonal maintenance equipment.
§ Rake, sweep, blow and pick up clippings, paper, and trash from facilities.
§ Prepare the fields which will include dragging the infield, chalking the field according to specified dimensions, watering infield, and setting bases.
§ Field maintenance will include filling infield holes, adding clay to infield when necessary and inspecting the ball fields for proper safety.
§ Trail and parks maintenance including redefining, resurfacing, branch trimming, and removal of debris.
§ Move supplies, picnic tables and equipment as directed.
§ Assist with garbage, building maintenance and janitorial work.
§ Utilize independent judgment in performing grounds maintenance activities.
§ Assist in keeping work logs, maintenance records & inventory.
§ Understand and follow oral and written directions.
§ Ensure work is in accordance with the Town safety policy and procedures as well as the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
§ Ensuring work is completed in compliance with Town By-Laws, Policies and Procedures.
§ Utilize a variety of hand and power tools in park and facility landscape maintenance work.
§ Assist in routine maintenance of such equipment.
§ Perform other such related duties, responsibilities and functions as may be assigned.
§ May be required to work in other maintenance areas as needed.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
- Must maintain a valid Prince Edward Island Class 5 Driver’s license.
- Capacity to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Ability to adapt to the daily challenges associated with a busy work environment.
- Must be a reliable self-starter and undertake all aspects of the job thoroughly and willingly.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to perform a variety of physical activities including lifting, digging, shoveling, raking, climbing ladders; and must be able to actively participate in daily activities, working in adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to capitalize on cost saving opportunities and efficiencies.
- Strong problem solving, conflict management and organizational skills.
- Develop, foster and sustain effective working relationships with residents and other Town staff.
- Build, foster and sustain a positive public image.
- Strong organizational skills
- Operation of a standard vehicle and trailer is an asset.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Experience in sports field management is an asset.
- Experience operating a wide variety of landscape and park maintenance equipment is an asset.
- First Aid, CPR and Whimis training is required or must be willing to obtain within 6 months.
- Working knowledge of the Town properties and programs is an asset.
- Additional training, seminars related to recreation maintenance is an asset.
§ Work evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
§ Fill in for staff during turn over or unanticipated leaves of absence.
§ Perform manual labor including lifting heavy equipment, stooping, bending and twisting.
§ Normal working hours will be Tuesday – Saturday or Sunday to Thursday.
**Screening will commence immediately and continue until the position is filled
Job Types: Full-time, Seasonal
Contract length: 6 months
Salary: $35,554.00-$39,949.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Weekend availability
Work Location: In person