New Job Scotiamcleod Senior Financial Planning Associate - Montreal In Quebec
|ScotiaMcLeod Senior Financial Planning Associate - Montreal|
ScotiaMcLeod Senior Financial Planning Associate - Montreal
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
Requisition ID: 168285
As a cornerstone business within Scotia Wealth Management®, ScotiaMcLeod has earned a reputation for integrity based on service excellence and trusted investment advice. Our advisors and teams pride themselves on exploring innovative approaches to protecting and growing their clients' assets.
When you join ScotiaMcLeod, you’ll be empowered to deliver Enriched Thinking®, a unique approach that incorporates your client’s thinking, as well as our thinking, to drive results. You’ll work with a team of specialists to deliver a client-centric approach to wealth management, enabling you to consider all the facets of your client’s life, family and business. With a focus on total wealth planning, and wealth specialists to help you deliver on this unique value proposition, you’ll be enabling clients to see not just the big picture, but all the little ones too.
Contributes to the overall success of ScotiaMcLeod in Canada ensuring specific individual goals,
plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives.
Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and
The primary purpose of the Senior Financial Planning Associate is to provide financial planning
support to a dedicated Wealth Advisor team in preparing and delivery of personal financial plans to
the Advisor’s clients.
Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank
Proactively supports the financial planning needs of the Advisor’s assigned clients which include a deep
with the Advisor to implement the recommendations identified in the plan;
Proactively support the financial planning needs of advisors by:
- Inputting client data from documents submitted into the financial planning software;
- Building a financial plan that addresses their clients’ immediate and future goals and objectives;
- Providing alternative scenarios or solutions when clients are unable to meet goals;
- Identifying and communicating referral opportunities to advisors;
- Actively tracking and managing the follow-up Action Plan items to ensure they are addressed
Champions an integrated and organized approach to planning through collaboration with internal
right planning resources for the right clients and help triage clients into the appropriate channel;
Contributes to the ongoing professional practice by participating in monthly Total Wealth Planning calls
consistent product and process is delivered to clients;
Provides general support to Wealth Advisor and team by providing updates on financial planning trends
Ensures that all financial plans are accurate and adhere to the Financial Planning Defaults & Standards
requires maintaining an awareness of the latest legislative and financial industry policy;
Maintains awareness and currency of the latest legislative and other financial industry changes that may
Understands how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with
adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with
respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Education / Experience / Other Information
Bilingual in English and French
- Designation, Licensing: CFP or IQFP (QC only)
- In-depth understanding of the comprehensive financial planning process including
- College or University degree
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, specifically Word and Excel
- Advanced understanding of financial planning software; ability to model complex
- Experience in Total Wealth Planning engagement from client discovery, plan
- Experience in a client facing role with opportunity to provide financial advice
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and a results focused mindset
- Canadian Securities Course and/or Life Insurance License is an asset
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.