New Job Rural And Suburban Mail Carrier, On-Call Relief In Ontario
|Rural and Suburban Mail Carrier, On-call Relief|
Rural and Suburban Mail Carrier, On-call Relief
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Job Requisition Id: 167786
Business Function: Rural and Suburban Mail Carriers
Primary City: Leamington
Employment Type: On Call Relief
Employment Status: Temporary
Language Requirement: English Essential
Area of Competition: Applicants residing within 75 km from the Post Office in which this job is located are preferred
Job Closing Date (MM/DD/YYYY): 4 / 23 / 2023
All qualified candidates will be considered however preference will be given to Indigenous people (First Nations, Metis or Inuit) or persons with a disability.
This is a special measure employment equity initiative and candidates from this group who wish to qualify for preferential consideration must self-identify.
We’re recruiting for dependable, organized individuals to deliver mail on an on-call basis to various communities.
As an on-call relief employee with Canada Post, you’ll be working with an organization focused on growth and innovation, and recognized as one of Canada’s top employers and best corporate citizens.
Along with receiving a competitive salary, you will have the opportunity to grow with us, as you may be eligible to apply for any upcoming permanent Rural and Suburban Mail Carrier positions.
- Project a positive and courteous manner when dealing with customers face-to-face
- Be adept at sorting, collecting and delivering mail items, in a safe and timely manner
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of local infrastructure including roads, customers and delivery receptacles
- Ensure mail is safely secured in their possession
Job Responsibilities (continued)
- Process various CPC products and services (Change of Address Notification, Damaged Mail, Items Delivered Bill (IDB) and others)
- Wear Canada Post identification while on delivery and ensure its visibility while delivering and collecting mail from customers
- Lift and carry items up to 50 lb/22.7 kg
- Have experience in making deliveries and operating a motor vehicle in all kinds of weather and traffic conditions
Mandatory Vehicle Requirements
Have a satisfactory safe driving record
- Possess a valid permanent provincial driver’s license
A minimum cargo capacity of 50 cu ft (1415 liters)
- Automatic Transmission
- Power windows;
- A metal roof-top and accessory power outlet to accommodate a Canada Post sign and flashing light;
- The middle of passenger window sill that is between 38” and 45” from the ground and maximum interior width of 56”;
- Fifth door / hatchback to allow for oversized and bulky items to be loaded; (Preferred)
- Provide and maintain the required automobile liability insurance for the use of your vehicle
- Notify your insurance company as to the use of your vehicle while employed at Canada Post
- Have a satisfactory safe driving record
- Possess a valid permanent provincial driver’s license
Click here to know how to measure your vehicle's cargo capacity
Safety Sensitive Positions
This position may be considered a Safety Sensitive position.
Note: In order to be considered you will need to:
- Pass a pre-employment test and an interview.
- Your resume
- A current driver’s abstract that is dated within the last 30 days
- A character reference letter from someone who has known you for the past 2 years
Canada Post will represent Canada’s diversity and provide a safe and welcoming workplace that embraces and celebrates our differences. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, Indigenous People, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
Disability is defined as a persistent or episodic physical, sensory, or mental health condition and/or functional limitation. Disability includes both visible and hidden conditions and/or limitations that may impact vision, hearing, mobility, flexibility, dexterity, pain, learning, developmental, mental/psychological, and memory.
Conflict of Interest
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
Canada Post is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you have any restrictions that need to be accommodated. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience. We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
We value diversity as an essential part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future. We believe that attracting, developing, and retaining people who reflect the diversity of Canada is essential to our success because this matters to all communities and customers we serve.
Canada Post’s corporate values reflect the principles, beliefs and aspirations that guide our behaviour and shape our culture.
Safety – We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for all our stakeholders.
Customer – We serve Canadians with pride and passion.
Respect – We treat each other with fairness and respect.
Integrity – We act responsibly and with integrity.
Transformation – We will innovate and transform to win in the marketplace.