Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Requisition ID: 173277
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As a Release Manager, you will be the bridge between our release management team and all the external and internal project & support teams, responsible for delivering exciting projects in the Digital Banking Engineering Organization. We are investing heavily in order to become the leader in the digital banking space, and we are launching multiple initiatives to do so. You will have a unique chance to help one of the fastest-growing business units become a leader. You will help scale, enable, and drive development excellence as our team continues to deliver innovative solutions to Scotia customers.
What you’ll do
- Lead technical release planning sessions that involve multiple project teams delivering changes to multiple digital platforms (5+) that have interdependencies
- Define and design the overall release management and environment allocation strategy
- Owns the release management, works closely with other engineering departments on production releases and facilitates resolution on impacts on various projects/enhancements
- Lead and ensure that project teams meet various technical quality gates in our entire delivery pipeline
- Independently investigate ad-hoc issues, propose different options, and drive issue resolution
- Effectively communicate release status and appropriately escalate impediments/risks
- Coordinate and run planned and unplanned production implementation
- Owns the Operational Readiness process, works closely with the project teams navigating through the Operational Readiness process
- Acts as a liaison between the project team and other counterparts such as security, network, CDP, Akamai to ensure the Operational Readiness sign offs requirements are met
- Effectively maintains EPM (Enterprise Portfolio Management) up to date for DBU owned applications
- Facilitate problem-solving discussions and general communications between the release management team and other teams such as business, infrastructure, support, and development
- Help improve and drive our release practices by providing valuable inputs and suggestions as to what works well and what can be done better
- Contribute to a collaborative team environment by information sharing and team cooperation
- Demonstrate strong personal values and a commitment to our mission and customers
- Create, own, maintain and track the Implementation plan and implementation checklist.
What do you need to Succeed?
- Experienced. You have 8+ years of experience involving in technical project management in an IT organization. You are familiar with traditional waterfall and agile SDLC involving Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Engineer. Ideally, you have an Engineering or Computer Science degree, and pride yourself on analysis, logical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Observant. You anticipate potential problems in all aspects and will proactively create mitigation plans based on day to day communication & observations.
- Self - Motivated. You do good work, and lots of it …the drive to deliver quality work is just a part of you. You are also able to simplify complex situations and navigate ambiguity.
- Communicator/Negotiator. You are great at making sure everyone's speaking the same language and are on the same page, and sometimes that involves some give and take.
- Multi-tasker. You are able to multi-task and work on multiple initiatives at the same time.
- Learning is breathing. You stay current on the tools and approaches that work best. And you are excited about working on new release because every release is a new learning opportunity!
- Team Player. You enjoy collaborating with, learning from, and teaching others so we all become better.
What's in it for you?
Global Wealth Engineering supports the end-to-end technology needs of Scotiabank’s Wealth business, including a broad range of Wealth products and services from Direct Investing to full-service advisors, Trusts, and Private Investment Councils. Joining our team gives you access to great opportunities with a wide range of traditional and emerging technologies while delivering innovative solutions for our business applications and platforms.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Onsite cafeteria
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.