New Job Quantum Performance Engineer In Quebec
|Quantum Performance Engineer
Quantum Performance Engineer
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
Quantum Performance Engineer: Direct hire, Onsite ONLY -Sherbrooke, Quebec Canada (first 2-3 months will be spent training in our France location. Must be able to travel internationaly).
PASQAL is a major player in the global quantum race. We are a full stack company and the leading manufacturer of neutral-atom quantum computers. Our offerings include quantum computing hardware, cloud access, and software solutions to sectors related to energy, mobility, healthcare, high-tech, aerospace and finance. By embracing the dual analog/digital nature of our quantum computers, we are propelling neutral-atom quantum technology with expectations of delivering practical quantum advantage in the next two years.
We are growing!
PASQAL is opening a technical center in Canada which will provide quantum computing hardware capabilities and software services for North America. We are setting up a team of passionate people dedicated to promoting PASQAL's technology and educating the market on the power of neutral-atom quantum computing.
As a Quantum Performance Engineer, you will be part of the first Canadian production team of PASQAL . In this role, you will help to build a world-class quantum computer in one of the most advanced technological fields that will shape the 21th century. Based on your knowledge in quantum systems, your role is to understand the behavior and guarantee the performance of our quantum computers from assembly of components to commissioning. Being among our firsts employees in CANADA to launch the facility, you will have a direct impact on the company. Your mission will start with the manufacturing of a first generation quantum computer and then start again with a second generation in the coming years.
- Participate to QPU production, providing optical instrumentation support.
- Characterize atomic physics laws on the QPU (that supports the quantum processing of information): magneto-optical trapping, optical pumping, optical tweezer physics, lightmatter interaction (Rabi Oscillations, Ramsey spectroscopy), Rydberg atoms physics.
- Be the local expert of QPU data analysis
- Interaction with optical, electronics, mechanical, software engineers of the building team
- Interaction with the quantum algorithms team which design the light pulse sequences
- Deep-dive into the quantum behaviors and theory of our quantum computers
- Acquire and manage knowledge transfer from Europe
- Be active in amelioration and feedbacks, paticipate to the Engineering & Production teams
The facility is located at the Espace Quantique 1, a unique building under rehabilitation that will house quantum companies of the Quebec Quantum Innovation Zone.The work will be based ONSITE only in this Sherbrooke facility. Position to be filled for June latest. We are interested to start with people available to work for a few months in France. This opportunity is unique, to be mentored by a team currently building in France one of the most promising quantum computers and then have the room to express your talent to do it in North America.
- 3+ years work experience (academic or private sector) in experimental physics research (including PhD)
- PhD in atomic molecular and optical physics
- Team player, versatile, organized, pro-active, autonomous and creative, to find pragmatic and efficient solutions.
- Able and willing to wear multiple hats in a fast paced, everchanging, startup environment
- English: full professional proficiency is essential (written and oral). French as a second language a plus but not required.
- Capacity to communicate to a non-quantum-expert team about physics phenomena
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Experience in cold/trapped atoms
Experience in quantum simulation or computing
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Technical writing experience
- Immediate availability with an authorization to work in France
Based on more than 40 years of academic research, co-founded by one of the 2022 Nobel prize laureates in Physics, PASQAL is on track to deliver to market a 1000-qubit quantum processor with smaller processors that can operate at room temperature and with lower energy consumption. This makes PASQAL one of the key world-class players in this quantum race. Will you join us?
PASQAL is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace because inclusion and diversity are essential to achieving our mission. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, age, religion, or sexual orientation.
No 3rd party recruiters please.
Local candidates in Canada preferred. Relocation help provided.