|Project Manager - Partnerships|
Project Manager - Partnerships
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $46.38–$62.06 an hour
Location : Alberta
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary . City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance, promote physical and psychological safety, and offer competitive wages, pensions, and benefits . Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
The City is committed to fostering a respectful, inclusive and equitable workplace which is representative of the community we serve. We welcome those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism and reconciliation. Applications are encouraged from members of groups that are historically disadvantaged and underrepresented. Accommodations are available during the hiring process, upon request.
As the Project Manager, you will lead the development and implementation of strategies, policies, programs, and services to advance organizational objectives related to affordable housing. You will provide strategic advice and policy recommendations to senior management, Council, Boards of Directors, and various external stakeholders. Primary duties include:
Identify issues, conduct research and/or engagement with internal and external stakeholders, identify and analyze options and develop recommendations in order to change and improve existing strategies, policy and service delivery models.
Provide analysis, strategic advice, and policy recommendations to advance the delivery of organizational strategies and business plans. Identify gaps, conduct research, develop policies, and make recommendations to various stakeholders and approval levels.
Advocate on behalf of The City to others orders of government for policies and programs that align with The City’s affordable housing objectives in order to create positive funding and regulatory environment for affordable housing. Conduct research, engagement, and analysis to respond to policy initiatives and programs from other orders of government.
Communicate and coordinate The City’s involvement in affordable housing with diverse stakeholders including all three levels of government, outside public agencies, foundations and committees, affordable housing residents, private and non-profit organizations on related affordable housing initiatives.
Initiate and lead project management activities, such as: determine project scope, engage with internal and external stakeholders, assemble and lead cross-corporate team members, mitigate risks, monitor and ensure progress of project, report back through oral and written reports to senior management, Council, Board of Directors.
- A degree in Planning, Business Administration, Public Administration, Public Policy, Social Work or a related field plus at least 5 years related experience is required.
- Project management experience along with experience preparing and presenting project updates, briefing notes/reports for senior management, boards, and/or Council, and providing recommendations on complex issues is required.
- Governance experience and familiarity with risk, financial and legal agreements will be considered assets.
- Success in this position requires you to demonstrate strong facilitation, prioritization, planning and organizing skills, and detail-orientation in order to meet challenging deadlines.
- You have excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills along with a well-developed ability to influence without authority.
- Strong business and political acumen and demonstrated professional judgement.
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Union: CUPE Local 38
Business Unit: Calgary Housing
Position Type: 1 Permanent
Location: 615 Macleod Trail SE
Compensation: Pay Grade 13 $46.38 - 62.06 per hour
Days of Work: This position works a 5 day
work week with 1 day off in a 3 week cycle.
Hours of work: Standard 35 hour work week
Apply By: March 23, 2023
Job ID #: 307272