New Job Process Engineer (Water & Wastewater) In Ontario
|Process Engineer (Water & Wastewater)|
Process Engineer (Water & Wastewater)
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create livable, sustainable, and advanced urban environments.
IBI Group is now proudly a part of Arcadis. Together, we are committed to improving the quality of life for our clients, people, partners and the communities we all serve.
Working under the direction of our Process Mechanical Engineering Leader, you will be the process mechanical engineer on a range of water and wastewater design and construction projects including treatment facilities, pumping stations and storage facilities. As a process mechanical engineer, you will work in a design team environment on a range of projects involving facilities optimization, environmental assessments, preliminary design, detailed design and construction services, serving municipal and private sector clients. You will have strong written and oral communications skills and be able to work in a team environment to deliver innovative solutions.
Most of the Things You’ll Work On:
- Support the process mechanical engineering team in the design of large municipal water and wastewater treatment plants and pumping stations
- Conduct hydraulic design calculations, sizing of process equipment, preparation of PDRs and design briefs, preparation of specifications, process drawings and tenders documents.
- Position may also include commissioning of design projects, troubleshooting performance issues and support during construction services.
- Successful candidate will have a background in process evaluation as well as hydraulics. Experiences with Biowin modeling will be considered as an asset.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- E.I.T. designation and working towards P.Eng. designation
- Must have 2 to 4 years of experience in water and wastewater facilities design (Mandatory requirement)
- Experience with Design Build Projects is an asset
- Process modelling experience with modelling software (e.g. BioWin, PipeFlo) is an asset
- Knowledge of design standards and design applications
- Strong technical writing skills
- Advanced verbal and written English communication skills
- Proven ability to work in fast track environment and multi-project processing
- Strong technical and leadership skills
- Ability to multitask, problem solve, and work effectively under strict deadlines
- Be a team player with a positive attitude
Why you should work for Arcadis IBI Group :
Our employees will find a design environment where collaboration is at the core of the business. We proudly support our team members through continuing education, completion of licenses and certifications, memberships in professional societies, seminar and conference attendance.
- Competitive Base Salary based on industry standards
- Robust Extended + Medical Benefits
- Participation in Incentives Program
- Hybrid WFH-Office Schedule
- Coverage of Licensing Fees and Annual Dues to Professional Associations
- Professional Development & Self Directed Learning Resources
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are proud to support the growth and equality of our people through initiatives like our Mentorship Program, Global Women’s Network, and Diversity & Inclusion Council. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, race, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of Arcadis IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record.
We request applicants submit a RESUME highlighting relevant work experience; please limit PDF files to 10MB. For design-related roles, we also require a PORTFOLIO to review.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.