New Job Policy Analyst In Alberta
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $68,497–$84,614 a year
Location : Alberta
The City of Spruce Grove is a fast growing, dynamic city committed to building and maintaining a fiscally responsible community that serves our residents, attracts visitors and promotes future growth. Through the actions of the Values We Live By, accountability, communication, leadership, integrity and respect are encouraged, while maintaining a work, play balance.
The Policy Analyst is responsible for a multi-faceted organization-wide bylaw and policy review project that aligns with the priorities of Council and the organization and responds to the needs of the community. The individual will be responsible to build strong partnerships and support various departments through the review, research, analysis, development and implementation of Bylaws, Policies, Procedures through a collaborative process.
The ideal candidate will have diverse professional experience including private and public sector government experience where programs and initiatives were advanced through collaborative relations. The position requires an inclusive, collaborative, and strategic leader with skills in project management, major research, and writing of legislation. The role requires excellent interpersonal communication with the ability to develop inclusive and collaborative partnerships, governance, and engagement.
This is a full-time temporary position anticipated to be 8 to 9 months in length.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Review and evaluate existing bylaws and policies and make recommendations specific to requirements for new bylaws and policies, to ensure alignment with applicable legislation, regulations/provincial standards and other requirements.
- Analyze relevant trends/data, gather information on the policies and actions of other governments, and perform ongoing environmental scanning on bylaws and policies under review.
- Work within a systemic review process and framework where bylaw and policy can remain current and relevant.
- Leads the development and/or writing of bylaws, policies and procedures, working closely with program areas and subject matter experts.
- Build strong working relationships and partnerships with program areas and subject matter experts throughout the drafting and approval process to ensure bylaws and policies reflect business need and clearly communicate intent.
- Coordinate stakeholder consultations and surveying, as may be required, to support bylaw and policy development.
- Undergraduate degree in Political Sciences, Public Administration, Business Administration or a related field.
- Minimum of 7 to 8 years of progressively responsible experience in a strategic and policy driven environment within the municipal, provincial or federal orders of government.
For the full scope of responsibilities, please review the attached position description.
If you require assistance applying to this job, please contact our support staff and refer to job number: J0323-0952.