New Job Planner 13 In Saskatchewan
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $64,309–$70,901 a year
Location : Saskatchewan
Division: Community Services
Department: Community Standards
Term: 1 Temp Full Time position(s) available for approximately 7 months.
Closing Date: 04/04/2023
Labour Group: CUPE 59
Under supervision of the Senior Planner or Planner 16, this position provides a wide range of introductory level professional land use and development planning services to internal and external clients. The work assignment may include work in the Planning and Development Branch or the Land Branch.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists with the preparation of, and response to, various land use planning proposals, including land use policy and zoning amendments, area concept plans, local area plans, development applications and business licensing. Prepares and presents reports to committees, as required.
- Assists with communication and negotiations with applicants, property owners, consultants and the public regarding land use policy and development issues.
- Assists with the preparation of special studies and special projects related to land use policy, business development and land development, including data collection and analysis.
- Provides professional and technical support to the Division Manager, Senior Planner and Planner 16.
- Coordinates the work of other staff, as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Degree in planning or a directly related field.
- Possession of, or eligibility for, membership in the Canadian Institute of Planners (CIP) and Saskatchewan Professional Planners Institute (SPPI).
- Six months’ related professional planning experience.
- Possession of a valid Class 5 Saskatchewan Driver’s Licence.
- Current driver’s abstract from SGI demonstrating a safe driving record.
- Knowledge of the principles, standards and practices related to urban planning and land development.
- Knowledge of related City bylaws, Provincial legislation and regulations.
- Ability to schedule and complete numerous complex tasks within established time frames.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow staff, clients and the public.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, including public presentations.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of a computer with related business and planning software.
Evening work is involved.
Weekly Hours: 36.67
Salary Range: $64,308.72 to $70,900.80 CAD per annum (2022 rates)
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The City of Saskatoon offers an inclusive workplace that embraces diverse backgrounds. As an equity partner with the Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission (SHRC), the City commits to diversity, equity and inclusion in our workplaces. By having our workforce reflect the community we serve, we support the realization of miyo-pimatisiwin, (me-o-pi-ma-ti-si-win) “the good life”, for all residents. To learn more about Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the City, please visit Saskatoon.ca/diversity
The City of Saskatoon strives to provide an accessible and inclusive workplace for all, including throughout the application and selection process through reasonable access and accommodations. Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please email [email protected].