|Pharmacy Assistant- Markham|
Pharmacy Assistant- Markham
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Position Type: Full-time
Work Location: Markham, Ontario
Work Hours: 8-hour shifts between 7AM and 7PM
Work Arrangement: On-Site
Travel Required: No
A proudly Canadian company, Sentrex Health Solutions is a fully integrated specialty distributor and patient support provider for pharmaceutical manufacturers, physicians, and their patients. We provide innovative solutions focused on ensuring patients have access and the support they need to maximize their treatment outcomes. We do this through strategic distribution models and patient support programs that are backed by powerful, integrated technology, a dedicated in-house creative agency, and experienced, cross-functional teams. Our core capabilities include Specialty Pharmacy Services, Customized Solutions for Warehouse, Wholesale & Distribution, Patient Support Programs, Strategic Creative Services as well as HCP & Clinic Services.
Sentrex Health Solutions recognizes the importance of immunization to protecting our staff, customers, and members of the community from COVID-19. As such, and subject to any obligations under applicable human rights legislation, it will be a condition of employment that all new hires have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of full vaccination prior to their start date.
Come and join our team! But first, let us tell you why we love working here:
- We are 100% Canadian with locations across the country
- State-of-the-art facilities to provide high-quality products and services
- The opportunity to be a part of a winning, high-performing team
- Collaborative, engaging workplace culture – we are passionate about our people!
- Flexible working environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance
- Diverse and inclusive culture where your talent and commitment to excellence is welcomed and valued
- High-growth environment that provides opportunities for learning and growth supported by our Employee Development Program and industry-leading, in-house corporate training offered throughout the year
- Quarterly virtual social events!
The Pharmacy Assistant is primarily responsible for dispensary duties including prescription entry/processing, picking/packaging and shipping of medications, answering telephone calls, accounts receivables and payments, maintaining inventory, assisting in compounding where permitted by scope of practice, and other administrative duties as required to support the pharmacy team.
The Pharmacy Assistant is required to work independently under direction from the Pharmacist, as well as within a team. All roles at Sentrex will be cross trained as permitted by scope of practice, and you may be required to help out in other areas of the pharmacy when required.
A Day in the Life (What you will do here):
- Accurate processing of prescriptions for all programs/medications, including following up on insurance billing issues with third-party payers/patient support programs.
- Provide exemplary customer service to clinic staff, nurses, and physicians primarily by phone/email.
- Label, pick and package prescriptions in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures to ensure supply to patients in a safe, efficient, and accurate manner.
- Adherence to all relevant guidelines including the established Standard Operating Procedures and all applicable regulatory requirements as set out by the Ontario College of Pharmacists.
- Ensure safe and appropriate storage of medications.
- Actively contribute to the ongoing review of pharmacy policies and procedures.
- Inventory management and reconciliation which includes ordering, maintaining, and organizing appropriate inventory and packaging supplies to support dispensing.
- Monitoring of fridge temperatures and reporting any variances directly to the Director Pharmacy.
- Developing and maintaining professional relationships with health care professionals, reimbursement coordinators, private payers, and patients.
- Prepare medications for shipping, including packing into cold chain coolers.
- Accurately arrange for delivery services/couriers so that prescriptions are received on-time by patients/clinics.
- Call patients to schedule refills of medications.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings.
- Assist with other duties as assigned by pharmacist and/or manager within the scope of practice of role.
What you need to ensure you are set up for success:
- Minimum 1–2-year experience in pharmacy setting required.
- Experience with Kroll preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of specialty medications along with third-party billing issues is considered an asset.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written in English. Ability to effectively communicate in French is an asset.
- Strong computer skills in a Windows environment using MS Office (Excel, Word).
- Excellent phone etiquette and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to self-manage time, set priorities and multi-task to meet various competing work deadlines.
- Ability to perform all technical duties involved in the successful dispensing of medications.
- Ability to perform physical activities required of the role including the ability to lift up to 50 lbs., and standing for extended periods.
- This position requires a significant degree of self-starting and independence.
What makes you a great fit for this team:
- Your commitment to providing a high level of service to your internal and external clients.
- You are highly adaptable with a track record of success during times of growth and organizational change.
- You have a proven track record of developing trust and influence at multiple levels.
- You demonstrate an impactful and candid communication style.
- You have exceptional organizational skills with the ability to build effective working relationships with colleagues, management, and stakeholders.
Why join Sentrex?
We value our employees! Our permanent full-time employees are provided with a:
- Competitive Salary and generous vacation entitlement
- Wellness Program (5 paid days off for your well-being!)
- Paid Sick Days
- Competitive Benefits Package including Dental & Extended Health Benefits, AD&D, LTD & Employee/Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
Sentrex Health Solutions is proud to be an equal opportunity employer demonstrated by our commitment to diversity, inclusion, belonging, equity, and accessibility. We provide a safe space for all team members to express their individuality within our corporate culture.
We encourage you to apply and accept all applications. We realize that not every candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we have identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we would love to learn more about you!
Accommodations can be made available upon request for those candidates taking part in the selection process.