New Job Paver Operator - Highway Construction In Alberta
|Paver Operator - Highway Construction|
Paver Operator - Highway Construction
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Job Summary:You are a safety-conscious Paver Operator with previous highway construction experience. You will be running CAT model pavers alongside our Highway Construction crew on various road building projects throughout Alberta. You are a team player who ensures the well-being of others and lends a hand where needed. This will be a full-time position and Ledcor will help support your on-going employee training and career development in our diversified company. We offer industry-leading wages, excellent training, benefits, RSP's and advancement opportunities.
Watch our 75th anniversary video to see what it's like working for Ledcor and apply today to join our Highway’s Construction team for projects across Alberta, starting May 2023!
- Conduct pre-trip/walk-around safety inspection
- Operate all functions and controls of the paver in coordination with the pickup machine safely with an emphasis on workmanship.
- Work closely with screed man and the rest of the crew to ensure paving operations keep moving in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure correct application of the asphalt from hopper to augers
- Perform routine equipment maintenance
- 3 to 5 years of previous experience operating pavers on a highway construction sites
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to provide a clean driver’s abstract
- Ability to incorporate health and safety concepts into work activities
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision
- This position is to run from May to November 2023
- Candidates must be flexible to work on projects throughout Alberta
- Shift rotations working 10-14 hours per day. Candidates must be flexible regarding their shift schedule to work nights and overtime
- Living out allowance of $130.00 per day is provided
- Benefits and RSPs provided
- Preference for those with an RV or trailer, camp area with hookups provided
Ledcor builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We’re experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance – from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Mar 28, 2023
5km north of Coleman, AB, Coleman, AB, Canada