New Job Parks Planning & Operations Officer In Northwest Territories
|Parks Planning & Operations Officer|
Parks Planning & Operations Officer
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $100,000–$119,000 a year
Location : Northwest Territories
This job opening is limited to residents living within 40 kilometres driving distance of Hay River.
The Department of Industry, Tourism and Investment (ITI) works through wide-ranging partnerships and initiatives to deliver quality programs and services that promote and support economic development, diversification and prosperity in the interest of Northwest Territories residents – their businesses and communities.
The Parks Planning and Operations Officer position is located in Hay River and reports to the Manager, Parks Operations. This incumbent is responsible for consulting and providing advice to GNWT/Federal staff and outside organizations on capital planning processes, project management, policy development, reporting and monitoring for the Territorial Parks System. The Parks Planning and Operations Officer is also responsible for providing advise on contracted work, including parks site plans, management plans, capital plans, and operational plans that meet territorial and national expectations and are developed with advice and support from regions and stakeholders.
Some of the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required for the position are:
- High Level of communication skills (verbal and writing) are critical to communicate with other stakeholders and agencies;
- Strong ability to plan, organize, coordinate and complete complex and concurrent projects independently or with teams, within fixed timelines/budgets;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Knowledge of parks and related facilities development and management;
- Knowledge of GNWT contracting regulations, policies and procedures;
- Knowledge of computer software programs;
- Knowledge of parks related capital and operational planning and project management services
Typically, the above qualifications would be attained by:
A degree or diploma in park management, tourism and/ or project management, with specialization in parks planning and/or protected areas management, and experience in parks and tourism planning and management. A combination of seven years of related education and experience is required.
Hay River HR Client Service Centre
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
209 62 WOODLAND DRIVE
HAY RIVER, NT X0E 1G1
Tel (867) 875-8086
Note: If you do not receive electronic notification confirming receipt of your application, please follow up via telephone.