New Job Operations Labourer In Saskatchewan
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $26.26–$26.52 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
Division: Utilities and Environment
Department: Water and Waste Operations
Term: 14 Seasonal Full Time position(s) available.
Closing Date: 03/24/2023
Labour Group: CUPE 859
Under the supervision of the Supervisor VI (various workgroups), this position assists in the operation of sewer cleaning equipment, water operations/inspections and water & sewer maintenance activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Inspects and cleans sewer mains, manholes, catch basins, outfalls, storm ponds and any other appurtenances on the sanitary and storm sewer systems, or otherwise, as required.
- Operates and troubleshoots all water system components necessary to de-energize, re-energize, inspect and maintain hydrants.
- Assists in performing a variety of manual labouring duties, including repairing water mains, sanitary and storm sewer mains, primary water mains and all appurtenances, such as hydrants, valves, manholes, catch basins and leads.
- Assists with the operation of sewer flushing and/or vacuum equipment.
- Operates pumps and miscellaneous equipment.
- Installs road warning signs and barricades in accordance with approved standards.
- Complies with current Occupational Health and Safety regulations, including confined space entry procedures.
- Participates in on-going training, including operator certification training as directed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 education or equivalent
- Level 1 Level 1 Water Distribution and Level 1 Waste Water Collection Operator Certification from the Saskatchewan Operator Certification Board would be considered an asset
- Complete approved Water Distribution and Wastewater Collection programs/courses within 6 months of hire.
- Pass Level 1 Water Distribution and Level 1 Wastewater Collection Saskatchewan Operator Certification Exams within 12 months of hire.
- Possession of a valid Saskatchewan Class 5 Driver's Licence.
- Current driver’s abstract from SGI demonstrating a safe driving record.
- Possession of a valid first aid certificate, training provided upon hire.
- Successful completion of confined space, fall protection and H2S awareness training, training provided upon hire.
- Successful completion of H2S awareness training, training provided upon hire.
- Successful completion of Trench Safety training, training provided upon hire
- Knowledge of related corporate safety policies and regulations, bylaws, standards and specifications.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety requirements as applied to sewer main maintenance, water operations/inspections, and water and sewer repairs including traffic control regulations and procedures.
- Ability to operate sewer main maintenance equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
- Ability to perform confined entries complete with necessary fall protection equipment and air quality monitoring equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the assigned duties.
Weekly Hours: 40
Salary Range: $26.26 to $26.52 CAD per hour (2022 rates)
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The City of Saskatoon offers an inclusive workplace that embraces diverse backgrounds. As an equity partner with the Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission (SHRC), the City commits to diversity, equity and inclusion in our workplaces. By having our workforce reflect the community we serve, we support the realization of miyo-pimatisiwin, (me-o-pi-ma-ti-si-win) “the good life”, for all residents. To learn more about Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the City, please visit Saskatoon.ca/diversity
The City of Saskatoon strives to provide an accessible and inclusive workplace for all, including throughout the application and selection process through reasonable access and accommodations. Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please email [email protected].