|Manager, Human Resources Information Systems|
Manager, Human Resources Information Systems
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
The Manager, Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) provides leadership, oversight and support for all Human Resource Information Systems staff and HRIS processes. The Manager, HRIS is responsible for supplying City-Wide HR technology solutions that align with organizational goals, and the multi-year strategic action plans for the future progression and deployment of the HR system strategy. Working cooperatively with IT, this role leads the development and implementation of core HR business processes and service solutions that align with client needs and technical priorities. The Manager, HRIS oversees the technical change management cycle including communications and training related to system implementations to drive behavior changes and adoption. This role develops and provides ongoing oversight of workforce metrics and the insights framework – including standard data elements and reporting.
As the Manager, Human Resources Information Systems, you will:
- Manage and guide all HR Information Systems employees.
- Manage all aspects of the HRIS function in the development, implementation and administration of the City’s HR modules (including but not limited to PeopleSoft).
- Lead, manage, and advise enterprise wide strategic HRIS management and other Business Initiatives.
- Data steward of HR information and lead the reporting and analytics.
- City-wide strategic development in HR systems and reporting.
Your education and qualifications include:
- Post-secondary education in a related field such as HR, Computer Science, and or Business Administration, with specialization in Information Systems, or a related combination of education, training, and experience.
- 5 years of experiences with progressive leadership in Information Technology and/or Systems Management, including maintaining, supporting and evaluating and ERP system, preferably PeopleSoft.
- 3 years of experience managing a diverse team including providing mentorship, managing performance and department planning.
- Reporting and data analysis experience, preferably using SQL.
- Project management experience including gathering, documenting, developing and presenting business cases and/or project plans and/or operational plans.
- Experience leading change in a dynamic environment.
- Experience working with vendors and third party contracts.
- Ability to solve problems in a collaborative and effective manner.
- Ability to provide sound advice and guidance to staff and senior leaders, build consensus and influence decision making.
- Ability to understand and work with business processes and specifications and how to translate them into business requirements and solutions.
- Ability to facilitate and deliver formal and informal presentations to all levels of staff and various stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work in a fast paced and dynamic environment with competing interests, resources and timelines.
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to deliver difficult messages and move discussions forward.
- Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain effective, professional working relationships with staff, HR team, business partners and stakeholders.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of information technology architectures, trends, industry directions and product capabilities for HR services.
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- A general understanding of the municipal, political and administrative environment would be an asset.
Conditions of employment:
- The successful applicant must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful applicant possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.
- A Police Information Check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the successful candidate(s), at their expense. To obtain Police Information Check information please visit www.winnipeg.ca/police.
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented