|Manager Diagnostic Services - Regional|
Manager Diagnostic Services - Regional
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Requisition ID: 332767
Position Number: 20053639
Posting End Date: March 15, 2023
Site: Shared Health
Work Location: Winnipeg Shared Health
Department / Unit: SHDS Labs - Prairie Mountain Health
Job Stream: Non-Clinical
Union: SH Exempt
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Days
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
Shared Health Laboratory Services is responsible for the coordinated delivery of all Laboratory Services across Manitoba. This position will ensure the safe, effective, coordinated and timely delivery of high-quality Laboratory services at Brandon Regional Health Centre & lead Prairie Mountain Health (PMH) Labs.
Reporting to the relevant Director Diagnostic Services this position will ensure that operations of the is in accordance with the standards and regulations of the profession and will oversee the day-to-day of Laboratory operations.
- In collaboration with the relevant Director Diagnostic Services, assume responsibility for laboratory specific quality assurance activities
- Monitor the budget on a regular basis and take corrective action and explain variances as necessary
- Serve as a resource person and lead staff in achieving strategies and initiatives and establishing efficient operations
- Facilitate an environment, which fosters change through effective role modelling, support and delegation
- Works with regional, private labs and site personnel regarding physical facilities (maintenance, renovations, and accommodation of equipment)
- Works with the regional, private labs and site in proposing options and solutions to address service delivery issues resulting from technologist shortages and recruitment challenges
- Works with the regional, private labs and site in the design and maintenance of a regional transportation system for movement of specimens to and from various Lab sites
- Where applicable, oversee the delivery of the Medical Laboratory Sciences (MLT) and Medical Laboratory Assistant (MLA) training program within the Westman Laboratory in coordination with the partner training institutions
5 years of progressive supervisory to mid-level management experience in a large enterprise, preferably in a health-care setting including:
- 5 years of recent experience as a technologist preferred
- 2 years of supervisory experience within a unionized environment preferred
- Administrative experience would be an asset
- Post-secondary diploma in a Medical Laboratory Sciences program from an accredited educational institution
- Post-secondary degree in a relevant management and/or health discipline from an accredited education institution is preferred
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Active member in good standing with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Manitoba (CMLTM)
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrated mid-level leadership capabilities. The provincial health system in Manitoba has adopted the LEADS in a Caring Environment framework
- Must be able to work safely in a typical computerized office environment with frequent meetings, and to lift and carry items of up to approximately 10 kg (25 pounds)
- Interruptions to respond to questions from executives, and partner organizations are common; incumbent is able to schedule dedicated and focused time for planning and concentration
- Travel to other health care facilities throughout the province requiring a valid Manitoba driver’s license and use of a personal motor vehicle
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the "Apply" icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.