|Licensed Practical Nurse|
Licensed Practical Nurse
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $70,011–$81,101 a year
Location : Yukon
Licensed Practical Nurse
Health and Social Services
This competition is for 4 (four) permanent full-time positions
We are looking for Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) to provide high quality services to our clients. Withdrawal Management Services is committed to providing trauma-informed medical assistance in withdrawal for clients looking for support with substance use. We employ a trauma informed delivery practice, with an emphasis on ethical, respectful, and dignified client services. Withdrawal Management Services supports clients through both medical interventions and psycho-social supports; this position also provides care to clients to help them meet their physical, psychological, emotional and spiritual needs.
To be successful in this role, applicants must be comfortable working in a team, multi-disciplinary model with the client at the centre of care. As an LPN in Withdrawal Management you will provide both medical and psycho-social therapies that help clients feel comfortable, safe and valued when experiencing withdrawal from substances. Substance use research is a rapidly advancing field and successful candidates will be comfortable with a changing scope of practice to provide the most up to date, evidence based therapies to support clients managing their substance use.
Withdrawal Management Services is a changing, dynamic program which promotes team-decision making at the heart of all client care. LPN’s working in withdrawal management will get to work with social workers, support staff, nurse practitioners, physicians and most importantly, with clients, to help support clients to reduce the harm caused by their relationship with substances.
For more information about this position, please contact: Amy Cooper, Manager of Intensive and Integrated Services for Mental Wellness and Substance Use Services at [email protected]
For more information about the recruitment process, please contact: Jaime Strachan, Human Resources Recruiter at [email protected] or (867) 332-5768
Please do not email resumes to email address above; resumes may only be accepted through E-Recruitment
Link to create your account to apply: here
*Refer to: here for more information about preparing your resume for a Yukon Government posting *
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications. Ensure a month/year to month/year format is used for each work experience. Please note that selection for further consideration will be based on the information you provide in your resume.
- Certification as a Licensed Practical Nurse
- Recent experience in a nursing role working in a team-care model to provide health care services
- Recent experience working with clients experiencing issues with substance use or mental health would be considered an asset
- Experience in a Team Leader role would be considered an asset
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
- Ability to work autonomously as well as within a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Ability to balance competing demands from clients and colleagues
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent critical thinking, relationship building, and conflict management skills
- Knowledge and understanding of the complexities of substance use and mental health
- Knowledge and understanding of trauma informed care and harm reduction approaches
Conditions of Employment: Current Yukon LPN certification, CPR level HCP within the last two years, TB screening, and Vulnerable Sector RCMP security clearance are all required prior to hire.
Job Requirements: Shift work, heavy lifting up to 50 lbs. and exposure to second hand smoke, rotating 12 hour shifts (days, nights and weekends), and WHMIS 2015 within one month of hire