|Licensed Practical Nurse|
Licensed Practical Nurse
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $26.56–$28.52 an hour
Location : Nova Scotia
Licensed Practical Nurse
County of Inverness Municipal Housing Corporation
Job Title: Licenced Practical Nurse
Job Type: Permanent Part Time
Date Posted: February 2, 2023
Closing Date: Open until filled
Work Location: Inverary Manor
Number of Positions: 1
We are searching for a Licenced Practical Nurse to join our team at the Inverary Manor in Inverness, Nova Scotia.
What we offer:
- Hourly wage range: $26.56 - $28.52 plus and shift, and weekend premiums
- Paid breaks
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits plan (eligible upon hire for part-time and full-time staff) including travel insurance and an Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Vacation accrual
- Pension plan with employer contribution
- A $1,000 retention bonus in return for a 2-year commitment (paid upon completion of probationary period)
- May be eligible for up to $5,000 relocation costs reimbursement
- May be eligible for up to $5,000 toward tuition relief
About the Job
- Assists with the development, implementation, and evaluation of Resident Care Plans;
- Provides leadership to Resident Care staff and oversees provision of quality of health services respecting the client's right to individualized planning of health services;
- Works with Management and Resident Care Staff to promote communication and compliance on company policies and procedures;
- Administers and records prescribed medication as per company policy and scope of practice;
- Applies dressings and treatments according to physicians' orders and policy;
- Assists with supervision, support, and evaluation of job performance of Resident Care staff.
- You are registered (or eligible to be registered) with the Nova Scotia College of Nursing;
- You can work a schedule of flexible hours and shifts inclusive of days, evenings, weekends, and holidays;
- You can provide a clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector screening upon hire;
- You have experience working with the elderly in a seniors' living or long-term care environment;
- Alzheimer's and Dementia Care course is considered an asset;
- You have a valid CPR & First Aid Certification.
County of Inverness Municipal Housing Corporation (CIMHC) is a Not-for-Profit Corporation under the authority of the Municipality of the County of Inverness. The Corporation is comprised of four (4) separate entities: two (2) Long Term Care Homes; Inverary Manor, (located in Inverness, NS) and Foyer Père Fiset (located in Cheticamp, NS) and two (2) Small Option Homes; Koster Huis (Mabou, NS) and Port Hood Small Options (Port Hood, NS).
Inverary Manor is a modern 71 bed long-term care facility located along Cape Breton's musical coast, in Inverness, NS. This state-of-the-art facility is divided into six households, each with common living areas and kitchens, as well as private rooms and bathrooms. The Manor is linked to the Inverness Consolidated Memorial Hospital. With its cozy communal spaces, airy, attractive interior, and warm supportive staff, Inverary Manor offers a Resident Centred Culture that appeals to employees who derive meaning from creating a home-like atmosphere and enhancing quality of life for the residents they serve.