New Job Lead Gallery Interpreter In Saskatchewan
|Lead Gallery Interpreter|
Lead Gallery Interpreter
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $20.67–$25.90 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
- Open/close the museum daily;
- Provide visitor services such as welcoming and orienting visitors to the space and supporting them throughout their visit;
- Persuade and influence visitors to follow rules and requests;
- Take a lead role in emergent and emergency situations;
- Provide information about exhibits and deliver engaging public programs to a wide variety of audiences including school groups;
- Approach and communicate with people of many cultures, ages, abilities, beliefs and backgrounds in a respectful and friendly manner;
- Work independently with minimal supervision; and
- Provide team leadership through organization of the daily rotation schedule and delegation of tasks within the team.
strong customer/visitor service experience,
previous leadership experience with mentoring and coaching other staff,
previous experience working with children in an educational or public programming setting, and
knowledge of Saskatchewan's natural history and/or First Nations cultures and/or geology/paleontology. Such knowledge is typically gained through some post-secondary education in biology, environmental studies, Indigenous studies, paleontology/geology, museum studies, or equivalent.
Physical requirements of this position include concentrating while working within a noisy environment; physically guiding groups of visitors, leading programming activities throughout the museum; and light housekeeping duties such as wiping tables, setting up chairs/tables and lifting and moving objects of less than 10 Kg.