New Job Its Senior Administrative Assistant In Alberta
|ITS Senior Administrative Assistant|
ITS Senior Administrative Assistant
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $32.26–$33.96 an hour
Location : Alberta
The City of Red Deer is currently recruiting for a permanent full-time IT Services Senior Administrative Assistant. This position provides administrative, coordination and clerical accounting support at a senior level to the IT Services Manager, IT Services Supervisors, and IT Services staff. They will also provide customer service support and reception to internal and external customers of the IT Services Department.
As our preferred candidate, you will have:
- High School Diploma supplemented by one year of business administration or administrative assistant training or equivalent.
- Two years of experience in a senior administrative position that included considerable customer contact and customer service.
- Developed skill in formatting documents and preparation of presentation materials.
- Developed ability in utilizing common business software such as the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook); as well as, the 365 environment (Teams, SharePoint, Delve) would be an asset.
- Exposure to Financial ERP software such JD Edwards and EPM would be an asset.
- The ability to effectively communicate while dealing with the public, other staff members and other City Departments within a hectic and sometimes critical environment of customer complaints and stressful situations.
- Must have good listening skills, speak clearly and concisely, and be able to respond courteously to public inquires and criticisms.
- A demonstrated proficiency at working independently using initiative to prioritize and complete duties and workload efficiently in a multi-tasking team-based environment.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality when working with confidential material and subject matter.
- Experience in municipal government with knowledge of administrative processes.
- Demonstrated ability to carry through on commitments with precision.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately produce, type and assemble material from rough notes, handwritten information and conversations to a professional quality document.
- Ability to acquire and retain knowledge of The City organization and Information Technology Services Department policies and procedures and keep informed of current City issues as they relate to the Information Technology Services Department.
- Must be prepared to continue the learning process and show an aptitude to enhancing skills and use with respect to technology in the office.
Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 417
$32.26 to $33.96 per hour
Hours of Work:
75 hours biweekly; Monday to Friday, some evening and weekend work may be required when needed.We thank you for your application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.