|Heavy Equipment Technician|
Heavy Equipment Technician
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Northwest Territories
-Your opportunity for a brilliant career
We’re the world’s leading diamond company – a unique luxury business that thrives on the creativity, passion, and knowledge of our people.
To push our company forwards, we always need to think differently. We welcome diverse perspectives, people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions.
In return, we provide you with the space and support to grow and achieve your ambitions.
-When you join De Beers Group you can expect a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in in an environment with opportunities for learning and growth as an integral contributor to the success of Gahcho Kué Mine. From technical training to leadership programs and world class safety, we bring out the best in people. At De Beers Group we’re focused on more than just diamonds. We are driven by a desire to make life brilliant for our people, our customers and those living in the communities where we operate. Our business thrives on the creativity, passion, and knowledge of our people.
Rewards & Benefits:
- Earn up to a 9% company contribution to your pension plan;
- Quarterly operational bonus program;
- Remote Living Allowance;
- Travel Allowance to offset the costs of getting to the nearest point of pick up;
- Immediate participation in our 100% employer paid extended health and dental benefit program (no waiting period);
- The Gahcho Kué Mine camp features a full service dining room, individual private bedrooms equipped with satellite cable television, telephones and WiFi internet. There’s also a full-sized gymnasium, squash courts and state of the art fitness equipment; and
- Relocation support is available to anyone who wishes to move to the Northwest Territories.
De Beers Group has an opportunity for a highly motivated Heavy Equipment Technician within the Mobile Maintenance Department at the Gahcho Kué Mine site in the Northwest Territories. Reporting to the Mobile Maintenance Supervisor, the incumbent will be responsible for preventative maintenance and major repairs to mobile, auxiliary, and stationary mining equipment, while continuously aligning daily functions to reflect the values of De Beers. The ideal candidate is someone who is committed to safe working practices and strives for zero harm.
- Working with a team to conduct job risk assessments and safe work plans ahead of the work being completed and performing work in a safe well-managed manner;
- Conducting preventative maintenance and servicing of mobile equipment;
- Checking for proper performance and inspecting equipment to detect faults and malfunctions;
- Diagnosing, troubleshooting and determining extent of mechanical problems;
- Rebuilding components and working with manufacturers when necessary;
- Documenting and returning completed work orders in a timely manner;
- Communicating with Supervisors and co-workers to coordinate work and provide updates; and
- Providing input and working collaboratively with Planners and Schedulers to develop work packages.
This is a site based position working a 14 days in/14 days out rotation.
Referral incentive applicable : This opportunity is open to a paid referral incentive according to the Employee Referral Policy (HRM.AD.21.00). Referral incentives are applicable to De Beers Group internal employees only.
-Legally permitted to work in Canada;
- A valid Inter-provincial trade qualification in heavy equipment (a copy of valid certification must be included in your application);
- A minimum of 12 months of mining field experience repairing and maintaining heavy earthmoving equipment;
- Ability to communicate, share information and seek input to complete assigned work;
- Ability to approach work with a continuous product improvement mindset.
- Solid hydraulic and electrical skills, paired with the ability to read and understand schematics;
- Proven commitment to Safety, Health and Environmental standards;
- Experience maintaining hydraulic shovels and working knowledge of SAP would be considered assets; and
- Experience working at a remote mining site, in a cross cultural work environment.
-Who We Are: De Beers Canada
We are the world’s leading diamond company, powered by thousands of people around the world who are driven to support thriving local communities, protect the natural environment, and accelerate equal opportunity, focused on Building Forever.
If you like chasing demanding targets, thrive on making decisions in the pursuit of brilliance, and enjoy the support of the world’s finest experts, we have a place for you.
Safety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health, and well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and the communities where we work. We aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect people, who are at the heart of our business. Our high performing teams take accountability for their own and others' actions, work collaboratively, and always show care and respect .
Since safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines have become widely available this year and have been proven to be a very effective and safe way of protecting people and reducing COVID-19 transmission, we have strongly encouraged employees to get vaccinated at the earliest possible opportunity. As our mining operations are fly-in fly-out, vaccination is required to travel to sites.
Inclusion & Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfil their potential.
If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.