New Job Grader Operator - Highway Construction In Alberta
|Grader Operator - Highway Construction|
Grader Operator - Highway Construction
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Job Summary:You are a safety-conscious Grader Operator. You will be operating 14M, 16M or 14H graders alongside our Highway Construction team on various projects throughout Alberta. You are a team player who ensures the well-being of others and lends a hand where needed. This will be a full-time permanent position and Ledcor will help support your on-going employee training and career development in our diversified company. We offer industry-leading wages, excellent training, benefits, RSP's and advancement opportunities.
Watch our 75th anniversary video to see what it's like working for Ledcor and apply today to join our Highway’s Construction team for projects across Alberta, starting May 2023!
- Conduct pre-trip and walk-around safety inspections
- Operate all functions of the grader, both grade and machine controlled safely
- Coordinate grader activities with other drivers and equipment operators
- Maintain haul roads, complete subgrade prep work and GBC and ACP overlay activities
- Perform routine equipment maintenance
- Experience operating 14H, 14M, and 16M or equivalent graders
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to provide a valid driver’s abstract
- Ability to incorporate health and safety concepts into work activities
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision
- This position is to run from May to November 2023
- Candidates must be flexible to work on projects throughout Alberta
- Shift rotations working 10-14 hours per day. Candidates must be flexible regarding their shift schedule to work nights and overtime
- Living out allowance of $130.00 per day is provided
- Benefits and RSPs provided
- Preference for those with an RV or trailer, camp area with utilities provided
Ledcor builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We’re experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance – from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Mar 28, 2023
5km north of Coleman, AB, Coleman, AB, Canada