|Geomatics Engineering Technologist/Land Surveyor in Training|
Geomatics Engineering Technologist/Land Surveyor in Training
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Up to $40 an hour
Location : Newfoundland and Labrador
Atlas Surveys is looking for a Land Surveyor in Training/Geomatics Engineering Technologist to aid our rapid growth in Newfoundland.
Atlas Surveys has been open since February 2020 and have been growing rapidly. We offer all types of professional land surveying services including, but not limited to, legal (cadastral) surveying, bathymetric mapping, topographic surveys, 3D scanning, heavy civil surveying support etc.
Atlas Surveys is a small operation, however has been built from the ground up with scaling in mind.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in the surveying profession and the drive to provide quality services in an efficient manner. The candidate will enjoy a healthy mix of field work and office duties and would be trained to be a complete package with respect to field to finish. I am looking for someone interested in long term employment who is attentive to detail, is proactive, can work independently (once trained appropriately) and committed to being part of a team who takes pride in quality of work. There is also the possibility of turn around work across Canada but this can be discussed at a later time.
The job would be full time for the foreseeable future, however depending on the amount of work over the winter may also come with a few months off in the winter. This position is considered long-term for the right candidate.
The job would be based out of our office in Grand Falls-Windsor and travel is frequent. While, on occasion, we have some overnights you will be home every night the majority of the time.
Your Role (LSIT):
- Working in a team setting to establish project scope, budget and schedule, and other project or client expectations
- Leading survey crews on projects; communicating scope and scheduling information to crew members
- Ability to work alone with minimal supervision
- Managing various survey project types including 3D scan surveys, topographic, engineering and construction layout, Crown Land surveys, private surveys,
- Liaising with both internal and external Project Managers and clients
- Managing information flow from pre-analysis to field to final deliverables
- Ensuring quality assurance procedures are carried out for pre-analysis, field work, drafting, and production of deliverables
- Providing advice to clients on property and legal survey matters
- Other duties as required.
- Eligibility to become an Articling Student within the Association of Newfoundland Land Surveyors considered an asset
- Vested interest in the surveying profession
- Two-year technical diploma in Geomatics and previous experience considered an asset
- Proficiency in computer programs (MSCAD/AutoCAD/Faro SCENE/MSOffice/etc.)
- Ability to travel frequently across Newfoundland and Canada
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Physical ability to work in all types of terrain and remote areas and handle the physical capabilities required to clear line efficently with hand tools and demarcate boundaries
- Good written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, dependability, integrity, sound judgment skills, and general computer knowledge.
Applicants who have formal training through an accredited Geomatics Engineering diploma/degree but not eligible for LIST will be considered as well, although the above listed responsibilities will be adjusted accordingly.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Part-time hours: 40 per week
Salary: Up to $40.00 per hour
- Paid time off
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Work Location: In person