|Finance Business Analyst|
Finance Business Analyst
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $4,621–$6,062 a month
Location : Alberta
Finance Business Analyst
Job Requisition ID: 37446
Ministry: Service Alberta and Red Tape Reduction
Full or Part-Time: Full Time
Hours of Work: 36.25 hours per week
Scope: Open Competition
Closing Date: March 14, 2023
Classification: Program Services 2
Every Service Albertan strives to enable the success of our Ministry partners and Albertans through providing exceptional client focused services that meet and exceed our clients’ expectations. We are looking for collaborative, agile, solutions-focused individuals with strong communication skills and a strong service orientation. If that describes you, please read on!
You will be part of our dynamic Shared Services Finance Operations team providing finance services to Ministries across government. This includes maintaining and building relationships with our Ministry partners, supporting operations, and managing projects.
In this role, you will take direct responsibility for the development, implementation, and maintenance of Revenue Services’ business processes, ensuring teams are fully trained on requirements. You will work with areas involved in the solutioning of systems processes which have operational impacts to Revenue’s internal and external stakeholders. In this key role, you will provide support to the team in the accomplishment of established goals while operating within legislated and budgetary parameters. You will also offer sound business knowledge to parties involved in the development of system solutions for the areas telecommunications system. You will ensure business targets are achieved by identifying best practice, opportunities for enhancement, analysis, design, and implementation of business processes using Project Management Principles, ensuring solutions adhere to standards, regulations and/or policies.
You will be responsible for:
- Identifying process and system change requirements to support the delivery of Finance services and initiatives identified in the organization’s business plan.
- Recognize enhancement opportunities for the GoA in the pursuance of continuous process improvement
- Provide analytical and business support to various projects through research, statistical and business analysis. Competence is required in a broad spectrum of skills necessary to complete a wide range of Finance related projects, along with the ability to handle confidential information sensitively.
- Present complex financial and system related material to an audience who has a variety of backgrounds in Finance
- Ability to work with teams including Ministry clients and external stakeholders on Finance projects with impacts to clients across government.
- Ability to use sound project management and business analysis skills to define, plan and implement projects.
- Collaborate with teams involved in the solutioning of the new and existing system issues affecting operations, offer solid business knowledge and lead the testing of internal operational processes.
- Ability to conceptualize complex, corporate wide problems, analyze and develop alternative solutions and integrate conceptual and practical experiences in the problem-solving process.
- Strong business writing and problem-solving and customer service skills with the ability to influence others.
University graduation in a related field; no experience required; or equivalent as described below.
You will be required to provide a cover letter, which directly relates to the requirements on the job description.
Preference will be given to the candidates who have the following:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in finance environment managing business processes across multi-functional areas
- High proficiency level in MS Office Suite solutions; Excel, Access, Word and Outlook with an emphasis on Excel and Access
- Experience working in a client focused environment
- Knowledge and experience working with systems
- Knowledge of SAP Financial module and ability to run financial reports from SAP
- Understanding of financial and accounting policies and processes within the Government of Alberta
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
Equivalency: Directly related education or experience considered on the basis of: 1 year of education for 1 year of experience; or 1 year of experience for 1 year of education.
1 year certificate and 3 years related experience
2-year diploma and 2 years related experience
No post-secondary education and 4 years related experience
Competencies are behaviors that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans. We encourage you to have an in depth understanding of the competencies that are required for this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process.
The link below will assist you with understanding competencies:
Systems Thinking: you will consider how work completed can impact a variety of other groups/projects inside and outside the Alberta Public Service.
Creative Problem Solving: you will assess options and implications in new ways to achieve outcomes and solutions.
Agility: you will need to provide results in a complex, diverse and changing environment.
Drive for Results: you will work with your team to set goals and priorities and to deliver outcomes that are consistent with the direction of the department.
$2,310.48 - $3,030.81 biweekly or ($60,304 – 79,104/ year)
Links and information on what the GoA has to offer to prospective employees.
- Working for the Alberta Public Service –
- Pension plans:
- Public Service Pension Plan (PSPP) –
- Leadership and mentorship programs
- Professional learning and development
- Positive workplace culture and work-life balance
- Opportunity to participate in flexible work arrangements such as working from home up to two days per week and modified work schedule agreements
- Research Alberta Public Service Careers tool -
If you are selected to attend an interview, you will be asked to demonstrate competence with Excel formulas, V Lookup, Pivot tables and other functions, as well as the ability to use the access database.
How To Apply
If you are not currently an employee with the Government of Alberta, the first step in applying for a job is creating your candidate profile within our online application system,
Existing employees should access the Career tile in 1GX to submit their application to be recognized as an internal applicant.
Once you have created your candidate profile, visit the Alberta Public Service job site to apply for jobs at
Applicants are advised to provide information that clearly and concisely demonstrates how their qualifications meet the advertised requirements, including education, experience, and relevant examples of required competencies.
Resources for applicants:
It is recommended that applicants who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada and have not had them previously assessed, obtain an evaluation of their credentials from the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS)
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies, across the Government of Alberta, at the same or lower classification level.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you require any further information on this job posting or a copy of the role profile, and/or require a disability related accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Liliane Karara at [email protected]
If this competition is closed as per the closing date noted above, please continue to check