|Equity Research Associate, Diversified Industrials - Montreal|
Equity Research Associate, Diversified Industrials - Montreal
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
Requisition ID: 174502
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
About the Team:
At Scotiabank, research is a key driver of our Global Equity platform. We specialize in the Canadian market, and we also supply targeted international research covering the United States and Latin America. Our top-ranked teams generate value-added equity ideas and themed publications. As well, we are constantly looking for ways to bring new products to market and provide clients with valuable research ideas and insights. Our products include daily company-specific investment views, monthly and quarterly sector updates, in-depth fundamental research reports, portfolio analysis and recommendations, and equity strategy commentary.
Equity Research Associates enjoy a stimulating and demanding work environment. As part of Canada’s most international Bank, Scotiabank’s Research Associates have an opportunity to work for a top-ranked Equity Research franchise. Research Associates work closely with a seasoned Research Analyst to develop financial forecasts and publish research publications that allow our clients to make informed investment decisions.
With a limited hierarchy and a team approach, Research Associates have ample opportunity to develop relationships with both institutional and corporate clients, in-depth sector expertise, exceptional financial modelling and valuation skills, and an understanding of the capital markets.
Is this role right for you?
- Perform comprehensive financial statement analysis and create and maintain financial models
- Conduct in-depth industry analysis and research using industry and financial sources
- Collect, consolidate and interpret company and industry data
- Assist in writing research publications, including morning commentary, company and industry reports, and theme-based research reports
- Follow overall market news and evaluate market data to assess short and long-term trends
- Prepare presentations for meetings with internal and external clients
- Communicate and handle enquiries from institutional investors
- Develop and maintain connections with investor relations and management of companies under coverage group
- Liaise with sales, trading and other areas of the firm within regulatory guidelines
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? We'd love to work with you if you have:
- A university degree in business or a relevant discipline
- An MBA, Masters of Finance degree, Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation or enrolment in/completion of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) program is preferred
- Work experience in a financial, analytical, corporate development or M&A capacity would be an asset
- Strong accounting, financial modeling, graphing, and analytical skills
- Experience in analyzing financial statements and valuing companies
- Experience using Bloomberg and FactSet
- Excellent command of Microsoft Suite, with an emphasis on Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good business judgment and decision-making skills
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a high standard of work
- A high level of energy and a keen desire to learn
Location(s): Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.