New Job Director Of Strategy And Commercialization In Manitoba
|Director of Strategy and Commercialization|
Director of Strategy and Commercialization
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Title: Director of Strategy and Commercialization
Supervision Received: CEO, CDIC
Supervision Exercised: TBD
Employment Status: Full Time, One Year Term with Possibility of Extension
Effective Date: February, 2023
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Strategy and Commercialization will lead the planning and development of a new Industry Partnerships and Commercialization Office (IPCO) type entity. With the support and guidance of the Chronic Disease Innovation Centre’s (CDIC) core team, the Director will be responsible for developing a structure, strategy, funding, marketing, and launch of the new organization. The Director will also be responsible for advancing key products/services/technologies with strong commercialization potential.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the planning and development of a new IPCO type organization:
- Develop the vision, purpose/objectives/description and name for new entity;
- Conduct market research;
- Recommend and develop a business/organization structure;
- Develop a business plan that includes; market assessment, description of product/service details, strategic plan, operations plan, sales and marketing plan, human resources plan, infrastructure/capital plan, financial plan, summary of risks, investments and relevant sources of information and research;
- Identify and secure funding/financing from public and private sources;
- File necessary regulatory and legal documents to create the new organization;
- Obtain insurance commensurate with research/project activities;
- Plan for potential new office location;
- Develop policies and procedures for the day-to-day functioning of the new entity.
- Develop a collaboration model with CDIC to create a pipeline of innovation ideas; lead an innovation planning process ensuring innovation goals are realized and the long-term pipeline is robust.
- Assist with the development of a Commercialization Working Committee comprised of experts in the relevant fields and areas of product commercialization.
- Identify products/services/programs with strong commercial potential and develop commercialization opportunities e.g., knowledge transfer, start-ups, spin-offs, licensing.
- Engage in extensive ecosystem networking to identify and engage potential industry and academic partners, entrepreneurs and other relevant associations and agencies with the aim of fostering collaborations.
- Manage key accounts, initiatives, projects, portfolios and programs, while providing reviews, metrics and outcome assessments.
- MBA or equivalent business degree.
- Master’s degree in health sciences considered an asset.
Skills & Experience:
- +5 years related experience, preferably in technology commercialization, health sciences, university-industry collaboration and product development and innovation positions.
- +5 years of experience leading and scaling a start-up, preferably for an organization in ideation stage.
- Proven track record of building and aligning the right resources for an early-stage start-up.
- Proven experience of securing funding and/or raising capital for an early-stage start-up.
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and performance management principles.
- Strategic and operational experience.
- An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organizational, communication and leadership skills.
- Excellent knowledge of:
- university and hospital research processes and practices, including research applications, agreements, and technology commercialization;
- technology commercialization strategies and practices;
- academic-industry partnerships;
- commercialization and collaboration agreements;
- funding programs for commercialization;
- contract, technology transfer and intellectual property law
- Strong ability to create business plans in order to create a revenue generating unit.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Attention to detail for writing and understanding appropriate interpretation of contracts and agreements.
- Strong ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to understand complex technology/science and convey in simple terms, ability to build meaningful relationships with key stakeholders including academic researchers, regional innovation centers, industry clusters, angel networks and other commercialization support networks
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Exceptional leadership and management skills
- Conversant in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and CRM systems, as well as the ability to learn new software applications
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Master's Degree (preferred)
- Health sciences: 5 years (preferred)
- leading and scaling a start-up: 5 years (preferred)
- Commercialization: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-03-15