New Job Clk 12R - Customer Service Representative In British Columbia
|CLK 12R - Customer Service Representative
CLK 12R - Customer Service Representative
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $49,464–$55,839 a year
Location : British Columbia
Apply your expertise and passion for innovation to this rewarding career opportunity
If you’re looking for an exciting role in a dynamic, public service environment, this could be just the position you’re after. As a Customer Service Representative with Service BC in Courtenay, you will be the front-line contact in the delivery of a diverse range of clerical and administrative services.
Service BC Division is government’s chief provider of citizen- and business-centered services. Through our province-wide network of over 65 in-person service centers and a province-wide Contact Centre, we provide over 300 services on behalf of close to 40 partner ministries and agencies.
Through BC Registries and Online Services, we provide trusted registry services including the Corporate Registry, Personal Property Registry, Manufactured Home Registry, OneStop Business Registry and BC Online. We also have an important mandate to deliver secure and privacy-enhancing identity services for citizens and businesses, through the Provincial Identity and Information Management Program, to support access to digital government services and information.
Within Service BC Division, our people and our culture are important to us. We look for people who are motivated to deliver an excellent service experience to citizens, businesses, colleagues, peers, clients and partners. Our vision is to deliver innovation, value, and service excellence to the citizens of British Columbia and our aspirational goal is to become a best-in-class public service delivery organization. We believe in being kind and helpful, and we are committed to delivering “Service with Heart”.
The role of a Customer Service Representative (CSR) is to provide an excellent service experience to citizens and businesses across a broad range of programs. A CSR is the frontline contact in the delivery of these services and will provide in-person counter service and telephone services to citizens. CSR’s are expected to be knowledgeable; citizen service oriented, and exhibit a high degree of tact, diplomacy and discretion. All contacts and service delivery assignments are expected to reflect the spirit of the mission and values statement of Service BC.
'Service With Heart’ is provided in an environment which strives to connect with citizens and business in order to complete all aspects of an information request, application filing or financial transaction as a one visit occurrence or to make arrangements for completing their requirements on a follow through basis by subsequent mail, telephone, or in-person attention, including from the staff of the responsible ministry when necessary. Services are provided for provincial government programs as well as making available a variety of services on behalf of other levels of government and other public sector agencies.
Clerical and administrative functions include documentation batching, calculation of fees, recording of transactions, writing related correspondence and reports; and assisting with other administrative aspects of the office.
- Minimum grade 12 graduation required, or equivalent (GED).
- Experience providing customer/client service experience.
- Experience with conflict management and dealing with emotionally charged individuals or groups.
- Clerical/admin experience, education and/or relevant training.
- Experience in word processing and other computer applications such as MS Word, Outlook, Excel.
Preference may be given to applicants with the following:
- Diploma or Certification or higher in human resources management, business administration, financial management or other related field from a recognized institution.
- 6 months or more of experience in any of the above requirements.
- Completed a training program focused on customer service/service excellence.
- Experience providing service through multiple channels (e.g., in-person, phone, email).
- Clerical and Administrative office experience in a public service (Municipal, Provincial, Federal) environment.
- Experience in handling financial transactions (e.g., payment processing, cash handling) from the public.
- Experience using databases to enter, update, search, retrieve, or extract information ensuring data integrity and accuracy.
- Willingness to keep self-informed on current trends and issues through ongoing training, education, and participation in branch projects.
- Willingness to perform repetitive tasks while standing at a counter or getting up and down from a chair frequently, for up to seven hours a day.
- Willingness to lift and carry boxes/mailbags weighing up to 20 pounds, for distances of up to 10 feet, and to manipulate them from heights which may require the use of a foot stool.
- Willingness to travel occasionally, for varying lengths of time.
For questions regarding this position, please contact [email protected].
About this Position:
There are 2 positions available.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.
Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact [email protected] or 778-405-3452.
The BC Public Service is an award-winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed above.
Cover Letter: NO - Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume: YES - Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Online Questionnaire: YES - As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail [email protected], before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
The BC Public Service COVID-19 Vaccination Policy defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.