New Job Clerk-Steno 9 In Saskatchewan
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $54,068–$59,610 a year
Location : Saskatchewan
Division: Community Services
Department: Building Standards
Term: 1 Temp Full Time position(s) available for approximately 10 months.
Closing Date: 03/24/2023
Labour Group: CUPE 59
Under supervision of the Customer Services Supervisor, this position provides customer service, administrative and clerical support for the permits and licensing function of the Building Standards Division.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Receives payments and issues receipts for Property Information Disclosures, Building Information Abstracts, Plumbing Permits, Business Licenses, Building Permits and other revenues.
- Receives, processes and issues Plumbing Permits and Property Information Disclosures (PID) from both internal and external customers.
- Receives and records building and plumbing inspection and cancellation requests.
- Processes the clerical aspects of business license applications and administers the printing and mailing of all renewals, second notices and final notices for all home based and commercial business licenses.
- Balances cash reports and makes appropriate daily bank deposits.
- Screens, responds to and directs telephone and in-person enquiries.
- Assists plumbing and building inspectors with administrative tasks and in preparing documentation required for inspection and enforcement processes.
- Scans, edits, and indexes construction plans/drawings and other documents including business licence applications. Maintains proper filing system of these plans according to the corporate filing policy.
- Maintains inventory of stationery supplies and orders stock as needed.
- Assists with training new staff as necessary.
- Performs other administrative and clerical functions for the Building Standards Division, as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 education.
- Graduation from a recognized business college.
- Typing speed of 55 w.p.m.
- Three years' diversified and progressively responsible office experience.
- Considerable knowledge of business English and arithmetic.
- Considerable knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of the terminology used in building design and construction.
- Demonstrated ability to process cash transactions according to acceptable cash handling practices.
- Demonstrated ability to deal courteously, tactfully and effectively with customers in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to prioritize duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to make decisions in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Skill in the operation of a computer with word-processing, spreadsheet and database software.
Weekly Hours: 36.67
Salary Range: $54,068.40 to $59,610.00 CAD per annum (2023 rates)
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The City of Saskatoon offers an inclusive workplace that embraces diverse backgrounds. As an equity partner with the Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission (SHRC), the City commits to diversity, equity and inclusion in our workplaces. By having our workforce reflect the community we serve, we support the realization of miyo-pimatisiwin, (me-o-pi-ma-ti-si-win) “the good life”, for all residents. To learn more about Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the City, please visit Saskatoon.ca/diversity
The City of Saskatoon strives to provide an accessible and inclusive workplace for all, including throughout the application and selection process through reasonable access and accommodations. Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please email [email protected].