|Clerk - Buyer|
Clerk - Buyer
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $28.98 an hour
Location : British Columbia
Clerk - Buyer
Status: Regular Full Time (CUPE)
Department: Finance - Procurement
Salary: $28.98 - $34.13 per hour
Closing: March 26, 2023
Come grow with The City of Maple Ridge! Are you a team player with a “can do attitude”, excellent communication and customer service skills? We have the perfect opportunity for you!
The City of Maple Ridge is looking for a new full-time Clerk-Buyer with strong organization skills, attention to detail, and a results-driven work ethic to join our procurement section in the Finance Department. The Clerk-Buyer performs administrative duties for the procurement area; receives, examines and processes requests for goods and services; performs routine sourcing of supplies and purchasing of materials and services as authorized; obtains prices; analyzes quotes; makes recommendations of award; and obtains relevant approvals. The Clerk-Buyer drafts contracts and reports, verifies invoices, maintains logs and files as well as assists with the administration of the City’s purchasing card program. This is a wonderful opportunity to gain experience in public sector procurement and grow your career in the supply chain field.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by courses in business administration, accounting and/or working towards or completion of Supply Management Training Program or SCMP Designation, plus sound related experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Considerable knowledge of business English, spelling and arithmetic and current office practices and procedures.
- Sound knowledge of methods, policies, procedures, contracting terminology, public sector tendering practices, rules and regulations governing the work performed.
- Sound knowledge of common office software applications, including MS Office, Excel, and the City’s e-procurement software system.
- Sound knowledge of the variety, sources and prices of commodities and services purchased.
- Sound knowledge of supply sources, market conditions and price trends.
- Working knowledge of financial and accounting principles.
- Ability to evaluate the price of goods and substitutes available and communicate pertinent information.
- Ability to negotiate sound contracting terms in principles.
- Ability to perform manual and clerical work accurately under minimal supervision.
- Ability to exercise good judgement and initiative according to established policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain a variety of records, statistical reports, reconcile and process invoices, and requisitions and invoices focusing on attention to detail to ensure accuracy.
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external contacts.
LICENCES AND CERTIFICATES
Class 5 Driver’s License valid in the Province of British Columbia.
At the City of Maple Ridge, we are dedicated to cultivating an inclusive culture that actively values and embraces diversity. We strive to attract and retain a talented, diverse workforce that is broadly reflective of the community we proudly serve. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process by contacting [email protected]
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
The City of Maple Ridge is a great place to work with competitive compensation packages that include the Municipal Pension Plan, a strong employee wellness program and the opportunity for professional career growth and professional development. If you want to help shape a growing community in a municipality that strives for service excellence, then this is the position for you.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Education : Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience : Experience an asset