|Business Services Representative|
Business Services Representative
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $29.41–$39.30 an hour
Location : Alberta
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary . City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance, promote physical and psychological safety, and offer competitive wages, pensions, and benefits . Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
The City is committed to fostering a respectful, inclusive and equitable workplace which is representative of the community we serve. We welcome those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism and reconciliation. Applications are encouraged from members of groups that are historically disadvantaged and underrepresented. Accommodations are available during the hiring process, upon request.
As a Business Support Representative, you will be responsible to add and update claims data into the division's Risk Master application, review correspondence, create invoices and journal entries, and update claims financial information. Primary duties include:
- Review claims correspondence for all claims made by or against The City as well as related boards and authorities from various sources including insurance companies, external law firms, and other third-party representatives.
- Interpret claims data, enter new claims (create files), and update claim information in the division's Riskmaster application.
- Liaise with The City's Finance and Corporate Billing and Accounts Receivable (CBAR) staff to ensure subrogation cheques are deposited against the correct invoices.
- Process 311 claims-related intakes and respond to general inquiries from the public (and refer inquiries to Claims staff where appropriate).
- Process costs related to claims made by business units.
- Participate in or lead project-related work as assigned.
- Attend meetings with the Business Services team and other sections as necessary.
- Send and retrieve files from storage; maintain the records management system for the division.
- A High School diploma or equivalency (e.g. GED) combined with job related courses such as PeopleSoft Financials, Insurance (Chartered Insurance Professional designation), legal assistant, and/or accounting.
- At least 3 years of insurance/claims or legal service work experience.
- Experience with a risk management and claims database as well as with accounting transactions in an insurance/claims setting will be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound judgment, confidence, strong interpersonal skills via both phone and in person, and the ability to provide excellent customer service.
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Union: CUPE Local 38
Business Unit: Law
Position Type: 2 Permanent
Location: 800 Macleod Trail S.E.
Compensation: Pay Grade 5 $29.41 - 39.30 per hour
Days of Work: This position works a 5 day
work week with 1 day off in a 3 week cycle.
Hours of work: Standard 35 hour work week
Audience: Internal and External
Apply By: March 22, 2023
Job ID #: 307282