New Job Building Inspector - Plumbing (Temporary) In Manitoba
|Building Inspector - Plumbing (Temporary)|
Building Inspector - Plumbing (Temporary)
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
As the Housing Inspector, you will perform skilled inspections, enforcing compliance of all electrical, plumbing, and building requirements of the City of Winnipeg Electrical By-law, Winnipeg Building By-law and reference standards related to the construction or alteration of one (1) and two (2) family dwellings, including row housing, and related residential structures.
As the Housing Inspector - Plumbing, you will:
- Inspect, test, and report on the erection, construction, repair and alteration of buildings and the construction, repair, alteration and extension of various installations to ensure compliance with the appropriate by-laws, codes, regulations and approved plans.
- Inspect, report, and take appropriate action on any work being done without the necessary permits.
- Inspect, report, and have corrected any hazardous or unacceptable conditions involving building, electrical and plumbing installations related to housing.
- Prepare written reports, makes sketches, prepare correspondence and prosecution data on inspections carried out, and make Court appearances as necessary.
- Access approved permits through the AMANDA system and record inspection results through electronic systems.
- Review drawings related to permits issued and consult with Plan Examiners.
- Recommend changes to building, electrical or plumbing by-laws and codes, as well as other related by-laws and codes.
- Bring to the attention of appropriate branch, any apparent violation of other pertinent by-laws and regulations.
- Attend training sessions to keep abreast.
Your education and qualifications include:
- Possession of a valid Journeyperson's Red Seal Plumber Certificate with a good cross section of related experience and a minimum five (5) years’ residential experience in applicable discipline.
- Ability to deal harmoniously with contractors, engineers, designers, architects, and others.
- Ability to read building plans and specifications.
- Ability to prepare concise and accurate reports and correspondence.
- Ability to interpret by-laws and convey this information to others associated with the work.
- Ability to use a personal computer with programs such as the departmental program AMANDA, Microsoft Outlook and Word.
- Knowledge of building, electrical, and plumbing materials, as well as methods of construction and installation practices as related to residential standards.
- Knowledge of the Winnipeg Building By-law, the Manitoba Building Code, the Manitoba Plumbing Code, the Winnipeg Electrical By-law, and related standards.
Conditions of employment:
- The successful applicant must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful applicant possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.
- Prior to commencement of employment, the successful applicant will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination by providing a Government of Manitoba issued QR code and photo identification.
- Police Information Check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the successful candidate, at their expense. To obtain a Police Information Check, please visit www.winnipeg.ca/police.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 Manitoba Driver’s License. The successful applicant will be required to provide a driver’s notice in force document upon request.
- The successful applicant is required to provide a vehicle for transportation while on City business, subject to the terms and conditions of the City Transportation Policy.
- Ability and willingness to work on-call and occasional off-hours work as required.
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties and responsibilities of the position including climbing ladders, crawling, crouching, working in confined spaces, and working in extreme temperatures.
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented