New Job Administrative Assistant, Environment And Infrastructure (As239) In Ontario
|Administrative Assistant, Environment and Infrastructure (AS239)|
Administrative Assistant, Environment and Infrastructure (AS239)
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $58,044–$75,458 a year
Location : Ontario
Summary of Duties
Reporting to the Deputy City Manager, Environment and Infrastructure, the Administrative Assistant provides a wide variety of confidential administrative, customer service, and clerical duties within the Division.
- Handle and prepare all manner of correspondence, reports, educational requests, and memberships for the Environmental and Infrastructure Division including those of a confidential nature. Maintain follow-up on outstanding matters. Gather information and compile data in response to requests from the designated Director/Managers.
- Act as the central contact point for the team for internal administration and external contacts. Provide quality customer service by telephone, electronic mail and in person. Engage in effective problem solving to respond to inquiries and complaints, direct complex issues to the appropriate management staff.
- Take dictation, transcribe, and type correspondence, reports, minutes, and statements.
- Arrange appointments, maintain Service Area calendar, and advise the Directors/Managers of scheduling matters.
- Format reports, take reports from draft to final stage, provide input and identify opportunities for researching and implementing improvements to report presentation.
- Monitor budget and prepare various budgetary forms and financial documents.
- Assist in arranging payment of all invoices and generating invoices (receivables) as required.
- Perform a variety of sensitive confidential administrative functions including process personnel and staff requisition forms for the Division; maintain records on staffing and personnel matters, prepare payroll records and submit changes, prepare, and distribute agendas and minutes for all management meetings and prepare correspondence as required.
- Compile all grievance information including organizing documents for grievances as required.
- Coordinate, collect and compile data for presentations and project materials.
- Process all mail and provide draft responses to routine inquiries.
- Receive, visitors to the Division; receives, intercept, redirect telephone calls and, where possible, provide a response to inquiries.
- Maintain and update the area’s internal phone directory.
- Book conferences, seminars, workshops, and staff training and make necessary travel arrangements.
- Maintain and archive Division records, files, and office supplies.
- Maintain and make available to Deputy City Manager or Directors, any manner of files, records, or documents.
- Provide assistance throughout the Service Area. Provide coverage to the Executive Assistant and other Administrative Assistants in the Service Area as required.
- Undertake various special projects related to the area.
- Monitor, track and follow up on MFIPPA requests.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Two-year Community College Diploma in Office Administration – Executive or equivalent.
- Minimum four years of related senior administrative experience or an equivalent combination of education and related professional and lived community experience.
Skills and abilities in the following areas are necessary:
- Demonstrated ability to provide customer service in a high-volume environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to stay organized in an environment requiring management of several priorities.
- Proficient in word processing (50 wpm), spreadsheet, internet, and database applications.
- Excellent ability to use relevant software applications such as Microsoft Office; JD Edwards, KRONOS, Excel and Visio.
- Good judgement and the exercise of discretion when dealing with confidential matters.
- Experience in a municipal government environment an asset.
- Proven ability and initiative to work with minimal supervision and with the utmost discretion.
Compensation and Other Information
$58,044 to $75,458
As an inclusive employer, we are committed to providing a fully accessible recruitment process. Please contact us at any time during the recruitment process and let us know what accessible supports you may need.
Environment & Infrastructure
Service Area Administration
Permanent - Full Time