New Job Administrative Assistant To The Director General In Ontario
|Administrative Assistant to the Director General|
Administrative Assistant to the Director General
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $51,653–$65,684 a year
Location : Ontario
Help bring research to life and drive your career forward with the National Research Council of Canada (NRC), Canada's largest research and technology organization.
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant to the Director General to support our Aerospace Research Centre. The Administrative Assistant would be someone who shares our core values of Integrity, Excellence, Respect and Creativity.
Reporting directly to the Director General, Aerospace, the Administrative Assistant enhances the effectiveness of the Director General by providing professional versatile and effective administrative support. The Administrative Assistant is the first line of contact with internal and external clients, responding to requests of a complex and confidential nature and aligning responses to the strategic goals of the organization.
You are a team player who excels at planning, organizing, and delivering the tasks at hand and who assists the management team in achieving its objectives. This is an exciting, demanding and prominent position for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented, resourceful and organized professional with a demonstrated ability to work with sensitive, critical and confidential matters.
In joining our team, you will enjoy a wide-range of benefits including comprehensive health and dental plans, pension and insurance plans, vacation and other leave entitlements.
Applicants must demonstrate within the content of their application that they meet the following screening criteria in order to be given further consideration as candidates:
Successful completion of Secondary School according to provincial standards with post-secondary Administrative Assistant training or relevant equivalent experience.
For information on certificates and diplomas issued abroad, please see Degree equivalency
- Significant and recent* experience in providing administrative support at a senior management level;
- Significant and recent experience in the planning and coordination of stakeholder meetings including internal and external participants;
- Significant and recent experience drafting and proofreading notes, memos, letters, and written materials;
- Significant and recent experience providing client service in an administrative multi-disciplinary environment; and
- Significant and recent experience working with Microsoft (MS) Office Suite products, specifically MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Outlook.
- Significant and recent is defined as within the last six (6) years.
Condition of Employment
Bilingual Imperative CBC/CBC
Information on language requirements and self-assessment tests
Candidates will be assessed on the basis of the following criteria:
- Advanced knowledge of general administrative practices and procedures;
- Ability to anticipate, organize and prioritize important and competing items, meetings and requests;
- Ability to research, analyze and synthesize information from various sources;
- Ability to use MS Office suite products (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook);
- Ability to draft correspondence, to proof-read and edit documents and correspondence;
- Ability to demonstrate discretion, tact and sound judgment in daily activities; and
- Ability to review sensitive items and information to determine the most appropriate course of action.
- Management services - Client focus (Level 2)
- Management services - Communication (Level 3)
- Management services - Conceptual and analytical ability (Level 3)
- Management services - Initiative (Level 2)
- Management services - Results orientation (Level 2)
- Management services - Teamwork (Level 2)
For this position, the NRC will evaluate candidates using the following competency profile: Management Services
Relocation assistance will be determined in accordance with the NRC's directives.
From $51,653 to $65,684 per annum. In addition, the incumbent will receive the Bilingualism Bonus of $800 per year.
NRC employees enjoy a wide-range of competitive benefits including comprehensive health and dental plans, pension and insurance plans, vacation and other leave entitlements.
- A pre-qualified list may be established for similar positions for a one year period.
- The position and tasks allow for some flexibility to work remotely with a valid telework agreement, allowing for 1-2 days telework a week. It is preferable that the administrative assistant’s onsite days coincide with the DG's onsite days. Due to changes in DG schedule, these days may change from week to week however flexibility is taken into consideration.
- In order to ensure a prompt and efficient processing of applications, candidates must provide, along with their résumé, a detailed covering letter explaining how they meet each of the requirements of this position (education, experience, language requirements) by providing concrete examples.
- Candidates who have Second Language Evaluation (SLE) test results with the Public Service Commission should include these results with their application.
- Preference will be given to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada. Please include citizenship information in your application.
- The incumbent must adhere to safe workplace practices at all times.
- We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please direct your questions, with the requisition number (19003) to:
E-mail: [email protected]
Closing Date: 12 April 2023 - 23:59 Eastern Time