New Job Administrative Assistant In British Columbia
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $28.98 an hour
Location : British Columbia
Status: Regular Full Time
Department: Parks, Recreation & Culture
Salary: $28.98 - $34.13 per hour
Closing: April 10, 2023
Come grow with The City of Maple Ridge! Are you a team player with a “can do attitude”, excellent communication and customer service skills? We have the perfect opportunity for you!
Reporting to the Director of Recreation and Community Engagement, the Administrative Assistant supports the Parks, Recreation & Culture (PRC) management team in providing a full range of administrative support. This is specialized administrative work involving a variety of administrative duties, compiling supporting information and research. The position attends meetings and records and transcribes minutes when necessary, and assist with event and meeting arrangements as required. Using exceptional administrative skills, the Administrative Assistant creates and maintains departmental documentation, such as letters and spreadsheets and maintains comprehensive filing and electronic document management systems. The incumbent is required to maintain confidences in all matters relating to administrative policy development, organizational changes and advanced planning studies.
This position requires independence of judgement and initiative in organizing work routines, handling technical work problems and performing other duties as needed.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A high degree of computer literacy in a Windows based environment with in depth working knowledge of MS Office Suite and be technologically savvy.
- Outstanding interpersonal and teamwork skills.
In addition you are someone who:
- Gets great satisfaction and thrive in a work environment with changing priorities and constant interruptions.
- Responds to new challenges and high volume of work while prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and handling multiple concurrent tasks.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Completion of the 12th school grade including or supplemented by business, and Microsoft Office Suite courses; plus considerable related experience; OR an equivalent combination of training and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Considerable knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation, and arithmetic.
- Considerable knowledge of the applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures governing departmental operations.
- Considerable knowledge of modern office practices, methods and procedures.
- Sound knowledge of elementary accounting principles and practices and of applicable departmental budget classifications and procedures.
- Ability to perform assigned duties and work under minimal supervision and to make decisions in accordance with applicable rules, policies and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts, to explain and interpret rules and regulations governing departmental operations.
- Ability to compose non‑routine correspondence, to prepare, process and maintain a variety of records and reports and to perform bookkeeping procedures.
- Ability to supervise, plan, assign and review the work of clerical staff.
- Ability to use various office software applications.
At the City of Maple Ridge, we are dedicated to cultivating an inclusive culture that actively values and embraces diversity. We strive to attract and retain a talented, diverse workforce that is broadly reflective of the community we proudly serve. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process by contacting [email protected].
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
The City of Maple Ridge is a great place to work with competitive compensation packages that include the Municipal Pension Plan, a strong employee wellness program and the opportunity for professional career growth and professional development. If you want to help shape a growing community in a municipality that strives for service excellence, then this is the position for you.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Education : Other trades certificate or diploma
Experience : Experience an asset